IDEA - Deck with Brackets

Any thoughts about making a longer/wider deck? I would be nice to see a deck and enclosure that could fit a 12s5p single stack.

2 Likes

The second version of the deeper enclosure by eboosted

Don’t ask me about capacity, this question will only be answered by Alan @eboosted :smiley:

7 Likes

Maybe in some time, sooner I have to sell what I have in stock :slight_smile:

If you mount the ESC on a bracket at the back of the board, a single stack of 12S5P will fit inside.
I also designed a bracket for mounting the ESC

10 Likes

That looks nice! On the eBoosted website, looks like it will fit 64 cells, a smart BMS and ESC.

Also looks like the enclosure is pre-drilled and ready to mount to the deck.

6 Likes

More information and dimensions are already published on the eboosted website

2 Likes

Here is the link from the eBoosted thread

9 Likes

Design of new short brackets with aluminum riser pad

Brackets fit NKP trucks and many others

If anyone is interested, the price for 2 pieces is $140

The riser pads can be made of PETG, ABS etc on a 3D printer yourself (I will make the stl file available to those interested), then the price of the brackets without risers will be $ 120

7 Likes

:grin:
This should allow for installing NKP trucks on boards with minimal extention to the wheelbase and minimal hight increase.

2 Likes

I’m back with a DPKP trucks to mount in IDEA decks :grinning:

Double parallel kingpin (DPKP) trucks will be available for sale in July.

The first version was made last year but I was not satisfied with their work, everything was fine until I installed Meepo wheels.
After installing Meepo wheels that were not balanced, a wobble appeared.

I don’t sell parts that don’t meet my expectations, so I designed RKP trucks with the ability to be mounted on the same slanted bracket.

RKP trucks work great, they are stable at high speeds and at the same time great for carving

However, I couldn’t get over the defeat with DPKP trucks, so in January this year I decided to modernize the hangers by adding spherical bearings. I also redesigned the base plate

In April I started testing and I am fully satisfied with the changes, DPKP trucks work great, they are stable also (with still) unbalanced Meepo wheels

The feeling of driving is a bit different than with RKP trucks, I can’t describe it, it’s an individual feeling.

BTW

I’m so pleased with the result that I decided to also make a small batch of base plates allowing DPKP trucks to be mounted in classic ATB decks like Haero, Trampa, MBS, etc.
Of course, in the ATB version the hangers will be wider (320mm front + rear instead of 300mm front + 270mm rear)
This is the width of the hanger without axles. The standard axle length is 50mm on each side, so the width of the truck with axles will be 420mm or more if I use longer axles
Axles 10 and 12mm

The cross-section of the hanger in all my trucks is 20x20mm, chamfer 1mm.

It’s a coincidence but the same dimensions have FatBoy Finality Channel Truck wiec should fit gear drive 3dservisas and Helical 4GS with clamping rings for 3DS :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Look at that
Perfect

4 Likes

What price point will these be at?

1 Like

I really cant tell from the angle are taken, how much ground clearance will there be with the angled brackets, new trucks and new eBoosted enclosure?

@IDEA how much do these brackets lower the ride height?

I’m interested in using them on my re44, but I have a double stack and I’m not sure I’d have enough ground clearance with the lower ride height.

3 Likes

The price of the ATB version will be $320, this is the price for 2 pcs…

The clearance from the deck (measured at the lowest point) is about 100mm, so if the enclosure is 50mm high, the clearance at the ends will be about 50mm and in the middle about 70mm.
Height measured with 165mm diameter wheels

The clearance is about 95 mm. The clearance from the bottom of the deck to the ground (road).
Measured with 150 mm diameter wheels installed…

3 Likes

6 Likes

Currently there are 2 options to choose from, an adapter or a bracket.
If needed I can design a longer adapter, something intermediate from the currently available ones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

DPKP hanger with 3 width variants: 270, 300 and 320mm (width measured without axles).

DPKP 320mm mounted on Trampa deck

8 Likes

Third type of top plate (bracket), now available in 3 lengths 90, 125 and 186mm

10 Likes

Heh I was just thinking the same thing as I was scrolling through.

@IDEA how much for these 3 Link brackets for traditional board?

2 Likes

2 pcs (1 set) - $200
Shipping to US (by Fedex) - $40

Price $200 applies to sets with short and medium top plate. The longest version, i.e. 186mm, costs $240, unless someone buys a set with a deck, then the price is also $200.

Threads are in inch standard but on request I also make threads in metric standard

7 Likes