IDEA - Deck with Brackets

You haven’t guessed :slight_smile:

These are Meepo Cyclone tyres and RockStar Pro II XL hubs

Urban Tramp treads and Meepo Cyclone hubs are in this board

6 Likes

Haha thats the post that the dude replied to

7 Likes

This is what the wooden core of my decks looks like before forming :slight_smile:

The core is laminated vertically. Two types of wood are used (hard and soft) to make the deck flexible.

The core is reinforced with fibreglass and carbon matting, and there is a protective film on the outside on both sides.

The edge is made of urethane to protect the core from water.

The deck is very robust :slight_smile:

Here are 2 examples of deck modifications (supposedly they still work), but I advise against these types of modifications

12 Likes

I am not liking the big ass hole in the center of the deck. The motor cable routing is pretty slick.

3 Likes

In case anyone hasn’t seen, @SabreDynamics has made concave pads for the IDEA deck :slight_smile:

Great work :heart_eyes:

and at https://yocgrip.com/ you can buy griptape

4 Likes

Thanks, I finished all 4 now! Can’t wait to see them on your board :star_struck:

7 Likes

Can we see these on the deck?

3 Likes

Any pics of these wings on the idea deck?

2 Likes

I guess you have to wait a while, because the wings were made for a guy from France and he hasn’t assembled his board yet

2 Likes

He told me he was gonna put a colour coating on them and then mount them, should have some pics soon.

1 Like

As standard, brackets and trucks are made in 2 colors, black (anodized) and silver (raw aluminum)

However, there is the possibility of anodizing in other colors…
Below a photo of the set anodized in gold

12 Likes

PKP trucks - reactivation :smiley:

More information coming soon

13 Likes

15 Likes

much oof… also, youre light seems to have fallen off in the bottom picture

1 Like

Anyone have any hacks or mods to this deck to stop your feet from sliding off the ends? My back foot seems to hold on well enough, but my front foot really likes to keep sliding forwards and over the brackets, forcing me need to slow down and readjust my stance. Maybe coarser grip-tape would help, but then I lose the ability to micro-adjust my feet during turns as easily :confused:

1 Like

Try the riptide concave footstop. I know you didn’t like the solid one you were using, but the riptide has some nice give to it.

3 Likes

Thanks, will do! That being said, without any footstops my front foot ends up directly over the bracket bolts, so I wonder if this will be long enough to reach from the other end of the brackets :laughing:

Yeah it was too short, only covered the soles of my shoes. And the newbee footstops I liked for the rear, but up front it’s too close to the center of the deck, but my toes are at the side :sweat_smile:

1 Like

recently installed one and finding the same thing, it wants me to square my stance up much more than where I’d like to be, if I put my foot into a comfortable position, my boot is only making contact with the tip of the footstop

2 Likes

In the bottom photo I don’t have the lamp installed, the top photo is taken a few days later

I bought a NEWBOLER LedBar and installed it without much modification. I only made an adapter to mount the flashlight on the PKP hanger

That’s why it’s mounted so low

7 Likes

Thats much more elegant than the hack i did :laughing:

1 Like