I want to create my first DIY board

So I want to create a board that is very similar to the board above in the video. I have never built a board but I am very crafty and innovative.

I want something that is very sleek and clean. I want to get opinions on what parts are the best. What enclosure do you prefer? What motors do you prefer? etc.

I am thinking about using an evolve deck but if there are better options please tell me them. I am looking for a deck design like the evolve. I will also probably be using ownboard trucks. Please tell me your thoughts and recommendations for this build. if you have examples please share them. For example, I love the look of the Metroboard X and the Evolve GTR. What do you think the average cost will be for everything included?

Thank You,
Kade Anderson

2 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/c/diy-builds

Look around in this category you might find some inspiration.

Scroll through this thread from @Sender for how far you can go in custom designing essentially any Deck and maybe you can find something you want to buy.

@eboosted is selling enclosures, battery packs and enclosure deck combos read through the thread and take a look at his shop to what is available.

Please do your reading and research other builds, there are many people here who build bits and parts that I can not link for you now.
At the point where you are able to make your questions a bit more specific you will get more help here.
Have fun, looking forward to what you are coming up with!

6 Likes

You can almost certainly do better here.

For decks, search for the following:

Hummie or Torqueboards decks.
Bustin Sportster.
Killshot.

I personally find a dropdown deck like the Metroboard a lot more comfortable and easy to control than the deck in your provided video.

Like Goldrabe mentioned above, the more information you provide, the better the advice will be. Maybe give us your intended budget instead of asking us what we think it will cost.

This will be fun.

5 Likes

I would highly recommend to use the landyachtz switchblade deck, i also used to like the evolve deck but when I hopped on the switchblade it blew off my mind, you have more space to fit more batteries as the deck is longer and it has pouches for ur feet

6 Likes

Second vote for the LY Switchblade if you like the Evolve deck but want something even nicer, it’s beautiful.

I have a deck + enclosure + bolt kit + install servoice if you want to save on shipping by buying all together and support a fellow forym member :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/evo-40-ds-combo/

7 Likes

I want to stay around the price range of 1000-1400.

1 Like

what trucks do you recommend

1 Like

what battery fits in that enclosure

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/landyachtz-switchblade-40-enclosure/

I’d recommend putting in a 12s4p of 21700 cells; if you go for Samsung 40T or similar, then that’s 16Ah, which is ~800Wh. Evolve GTR has 588Wh, for comparison. (Not to mention how much weaker that battery is in current draw)

1 Like

The evolve trucks are awesome don’t get me wrong but they are too unstable on high speeds that’s why I would get the Haggy kahua trucks, they are the same price and stable AF

2 Likes

are they wide like the evolve trucks?

Are they wide

1 Like

Yes, and built way better. I have the following set:

($160 USD)

Do these trucks have any rake?

1 Like

got it, I wish i could see an example with street wheels on them, I’ve looked through the forum and can’t find much with street wheels

1 Like

Yea man they are wide enough

1 Like

i like them just want to see them on a build with street wheels

2 Likes

I think they do

These are 90mm Senor Pepe wheels. Really nice for a smaller wheel.

1 Like

They come 50 degree with standard baseplates. I’ll be using them with Hammocks.

2 Likes