I need help. Tried to update firmware on Dual FocBoxs. Now nothing works.

Thank you for your help! I will try these fixes and I will get back to you asap!

1 Like

Looking good

The only way I’m aware of is to open the plastic case and look inside on the PCB, but it actually doesn’t matter, so don’t bother. The thing that matters is that it’s a FOCBOX (1.6 or 1.7) single motor controller running “410_o_411_o_412” firmware, and not a FOCBOX Unity double motor controller.

OP reached his max replies yesterday.

I think I was able to help him out through pm

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay. I’m a newbee and the site limits my replies on the first day for security reasons.

It looks like the FW Update on the working FocBox worked!! (see screenshot).

Is the next step to “flash” the working FocBox to the FocBox that doesn’t connect to USB?

If so, how do I flash from one FocBox to another? I already have a CANBUS Cable between the two FocBoxes.

3 Likes

Also, I’m running late for work. I will reply later tonight when I get home. Any assistance that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. I really like this site. Very helpful people on here.

2 Likes

This is the guide on how to flash a vesc with another vesc

2 Likes

you will have to use the SWD port for this

1 Like

Received the video. I need to buy a SWD Connector and I will give this a try. Thank you!!

For refernence. This is the stock (fw 2.8 old vesc tool) motor settings that came from lacroix on the prototipo.

4 Likes

Thank you!!

Oh great. I went to flash my working FocBox (with the HW 410 & 411 & 412 FW 5.02) to my FocBox that won’t connect to USB.

I watched the Benjamin Vedder Video multiple times and I have the SWD Connector ready.

However, I realized that my FocBox’s don’t have SWD Ports. So I can’t do what the video is telling me to do.

So what do I do now?

Shit

1 Like

It’s here

2 Likes

Okay.

So I connect the RST, DIO, GND, AND CLK from the working FocBox to the FoxBox that doesn’t connect. Then I do what Benjamin Vedder says to do the the video.

Is this correct?

If so, what is the best way to connect the wires to the RST, DIO, GND, and CLD on the board? There are no pins and I don’t want to solder something that I only need to do once. Any tricks to doing this?

You don’t need the RST pin. If you don’t connect the VCC, then plug the dead focbox into a battery so it can power up. Probably best to connect both Focboxes to the same battery so they share a ground before hooking the swd ports together. Then connect GND before the CLK and IO pins.

Don’t have to solder, you can just push wire through the holes. As long as it makes connection it’s fine. Super low current and voltage, just data lines. Probably best to use solid wire that will fit inside the hole instead of stranded.

1 Like

Okay. Do I have to connect 4 wires between the FocBoxs (RST, DIO, GND, and CLK) or only 3 wires (DIO, GND, and CLK).

Said another way, do I need to connect the RST wire?

Disregard. I just re-read your post. I don’t need the RST pin.

I connected the DIO, GND, and CLK wires from the working FocBox to the unworking FocBox, then I flashed the FW using the VESC Tool. I still had the USB cable plugged into the working FocBox (if that matters).

However, this message flashes in red on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds and I managed to get a picture of it (see attachment).

I am using stranded wire because I don’t have any solid wire (please let me know if that is causing this problem).