I need help please

thanks for the motivation.

I am using a flipsky 6.7 mini I have a heat sink I plan on attaching it to, to hopefully allow some decent amps. I really do not want to over heat it. because i have no way to replace it.

From what I’ve read on here if you want it to last you should probably limit it to 25 or maybe 30 battery amps.

1 Like

Yeah. that thing really isn’t designed to push through a lot of current

Idk Lee tested 6.7 at 50 and it was fine if I recall

I think 6.7 is much more robust than the old ones bc of the aluminum pcb

4 Likes

I hope you are right.
Just to be safe though I am going to start at 25 amp and slowly raise by 5 to 10 amps each time. its going to be a pain because I don’t have a Bluetooth receiver so I will have to open and close my enclosure a bunch. An esk8er got to do what and esk8er got to do.

Well dang I was looking at getting one for 13S at about 50-60A. On paper it looks like it would hold up just fine.

Just keep a micro plugged into it and drill a hole in the enclosure so you can just pulled the USB out far enough to plug in laptop. And cap it when not in use.

1 Like

I was thinking about cutting the top off a soda bottle and jb welding to the side of my enclosure so I have way to access it.

Would it be ok to leave the usb plugged in vesc permanently?

1 Like

Someone one here has already done that idea I just can’t remember who it was. Yeah your all good to do that.

May hit it with a lil dollup of electrical grade silicone to make sure it doesn’t come loose.

I am thinking about getting something like this and then mounting it to enclosure

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SF-Cable-USB-A-Female-to-Micro-USB-Male-90-Degree-Adapter/138164054?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1160

I’ll probably need a longer one but that’s the idea.

1 Like

Looks like a good plan, just get a rubber insert so the water/ debris starts out

I am just going to put the soda cap thing over it.

2 Likes

Onwon 20 Pcs Black Rubber USB A Type Female Anti Dust Cover Protector Plugs Stopper Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IY1Y6UG/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_7GV1D17CEH8RY9SKQ4E4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

oh cool thanks

Summoning @jack.luis

bro excuse me? why the fuck have i not thought of that? usb c extension cord mounted on the enclosure wall… fuckin hell, thats genius.

4 Likes

I’m going to need a TLDR lmao

pannel mount usb port for vesc access