I need help please

I plan on making my battery flexible and with the enclosures added stiffness, do you think it will be fine?

I have an enclosure if your interested, it’s abs. DM me if your interested and I’ll give you the dims of it to see if it will fit.

1 Like

ABS enclosures work really well if you put fiberglass tape around the boltholes or use an aluminum bar or something as a multi-bolt washer.

you seem to have a LOT of space left on the deck. what are the usable deck dimensions? i too might have a workable enclosure. brybry is right that its a better plan to use a known working deck/enclosure combo. better, yes, but thats boring. if the deck has a lot of flex, than i think that the aluminum is the better idea. it will stiffen it right up, which will save you from potentially crushing the tronics. it looks rather flat as well, yes? its rather easy to fit enclosures onto flat decks. concave is where it gets complicated.

they are ideally 22 x 7 but could make 24x8 work

i got a 24 by 8. not sure if i have a use for it, literally just took it off a board that i had to take apart til i reinforce it. wcs fishbone enclosure, got it from propulsion boards. one cracked bolt hole i think. its in a stack of stuff atm. i might have something 22x7ish too, ill take a look.

this is also just about 24x8. decent price. also predrilled holes, so theyll be nice and even.
edit: doesnt look like i have anything closer to 22x7 on hand.

[quote=“ceasium, post:44, topic:62579”]

what would be the best way to wire this,
I have:
110 inches of 10mm x 0.2 mm nickel
about 70 inches of 10awg wire
a lot of fish paper and captain tape.
and hopefully enough solder.
and I plan on putting a loop key in somewhere.
I plan on building the battery tomorrow
thanks again for everyone help

1 Like

This might be my favorite typo ever. You should bring that particular question to the battery builders thread though. They’re the smart guys.

7 Likes

Don’t rush to finish it. It may take a week. And that’s fine.

put tape on the end of EVERY SINGLE WIRE that you’re not CURRENTLY soldering

Batteries have to be worked on while live, there is no “off switch” to turn off the power while you’re working on it.

6 Likes

CAN CONFIRM, I had a lipo blow up a metal tool in front of my face when I was building my first diy airplane. Battery work should be treated like surgery.
I’d recommend using the tape to stick the wire down to a surface and bend it in a direction away from the spot you’re working

1 Like

thanks for the advise

What would be the best way to wire the battery together?

by connecting the wire to the batteries

6 Likes

this mf right here xD

3 Likes

I want it to be flexible too

which would be the best/ most flex

1 Like

Also do I spot weld the tabs on then solder them

You should definitely solder onto the tabs before welding when you can

1 Like

I still don’t have a layout and people say now I have to buy different nickel and lower gauge wire and I don’t have time to wait for things to ship. I feel like the stuff I have should work fine. I just want to know a way to make it work