I need help please

2 inches was the smallest size. but now I’m thinking maybe I should double stack my batterers

So, the new 6 series flips are fakes? They are really 4 series?

I chose the 6 BIG flipsky as I didnt even trust the 6 plus.

Anecdotally, my huge vesc has served admirably.

Yes, I would do that except consider putting 6 up front and 4 in the back, depending.

What enclosure do you have?

1 Like

oops, my bad.

which one would you suggest?

I recommend to

A) Use a deck that has an enclosure commercially available

or

B) make a fiberglass one

I wouldn’t try anything else, but your results may vary.

1 Like

its too late for that

Maybe one day when I have the time. probably not in the next few months, probably at least 6 months.

With all due respect, the quality of your battery and enclosure are the two most important things.

Have you considered using a different deck that has an enclosure available?

Do you think that I’ve been in your exact position before?

1 Like

Another question, I have access to a cnc machine and was thinking about carving a thin rectangle out of the bottom of the board to make everything nice and flat, plus get a few more mm of clearance. would this be a bad idea?

I don’t know what to answer. I am assuming the answer is yes and you are trying to help me learn from your past mistake, but on the other hand it is very possible that you had the forethought not to make such a mistake.

1 Like

Yes, this is what we do around here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This depends a lot on the deck and your weight but many folks do it.

You can route out a lot if you cover the bottom in a layer of fiberglass afterward.

If it’s not much, you’re not heavy, and the deck is already super stiff, it might be okay. There are a lot of variables.

How much does the deck flex if you jump in the middle?

so I just took a slo-mo video of me jumping on the middle of my deck and it was surprising more flexible then I thought

1 Like

The battery isn’t going to appreciate that.

I plan on making my battery flexible and with the enclosures added stiffness, do you think it will be fine?

I have an enclosure if your interested, it’s abs. DM me if your interested and I’ll give you the dims of it to see if it will fit.

1 Like

ABS enclosures work really well if you put fiberglass tape around the boltholes or use an aluminum bar or something as a multi-bolt washer.

you seem to have a LOT of space left on the deck. what are the usable deck dimensions? i too might have a workable enclosure. brybry is right that its a better plan to use a known working deck/enclosure combo. better, yes, but thats boring. if the deck has a lot of flex, than i think that the aluminum is the better idea. it will stiffen it right up, which will save you from potentially crushing the tronics. it looks rather flat as well, yes? its rather easy to fit enclosures onto flat decks. concave is where it gets complicated.

they are ideally 22 x 7 but could make 24x8 work

i got a 24 by 8. not sure if i have a use for it, literally just took it off a board that i had to take apart til i reinforce it. wcs fishbone enclosure, got it from propulsion boards. one cracked bolt hole i think. its in a stack of stuff atm. i might have something 22x7ish too, ill take a look.