I need help please

bro excuse me? why the fuck have i not thought of that? usb c extension cord mounted on the enclosure wall… fuckin hell, thats genius.

4 Likes

I’m going to need a TLDR lmao

pannel mount usb port for vesc access

I can’t take credit, I saw someone else do it on here. It just sounded like it would work well for what he needs :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Yes, it’s fine, though plugging a metr CAN into it is way, way better IMHO

The biggest two problems are vibrations breaking the USB jack off your controller and water ingress at the USB exit point

1 Like

Yeah I did it a few times

3 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

You heard about the magic smoke I assume

Did you hear about the magic juice?

4 Likes

You mean that stuff in electrolytic capacitors? Don’t get them too heated

1 Like

what is that?

recommend PCB antenna

that is way out of my no longer existent budget

3 Likes

There are cheaper blue tooth options, but they don’t do the same type of logging and most or all require the uart connection which your remote will be using since you said you’re using the vx2.

76 euros is 85 dollars now? holy shit the euro has plummeted since i last checked. no wonder brexit happened. pounds are still golden by comparison.
@ceasium i have a metr can in my board, idk what it does, i keep forgetting to get the pairing code when i open it up, but its all extra shit. a running board is more important. i recommend the USB extension method for now, and if eventually you find that its insufficient, or you want telemetry data, THEN you could use a metr/robogotchi/davega/whatever.

1 Like

Yeah don’t worry about loggers if you’re on a budget and just need VESC tool access

2 Likes

I need your honest opinion, Is Daly Li-Ion BMS – Duck Battery Systems that much better then
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FX7DRXP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details or this fine.

I wouldn’t trust my home and family to a cheap $16 BMS

How much is $15 worth to you?

BMS are very important parts of dangerous batteries.

I mean, it might work fine. It might break. Who knows. I feel like there’s less risk with the ones that we use the most.

4 Likes

yes. one is proven. one is not. dont use your first build as a testing ground for parts. use your second build for that. xD

2 Likes

my friend has used it in his builds before, he was the one that recommended it.

People have ridden on the top of hot air balloons before, therefore it’s safe for me to do.

/s

1 Like