I have a question about that guy we hate.

You know the one.

I see the terms liar and scammer thrown around.
I haven’t heard about an actual lie or scam tho.
Not saying it hasn’t happened - that’s my question - what lies or scams did he actually perpetrate?

Selling things you don’t have in hand isn’t a scam is it?
Being the president of a company that fails is not being scammer.
That could have happened to any of us who tried to start a company.
When a company fails and doesn’t make its creditors whole that’s not a scam.
If he invested his own money into the company becoming a creditor and the receiver awarded him the IP for focbox and he sells it that’s not a scam.
When a bankrupt company turns the people who paid for stuff into creditors and never gives them what they paid for that’s not a scam either.

We all know the line up for bankruptcy creditors goes taxman->wages & pensions->secured creditors->unsecured loans->other unsecured creditors.
Customers go to back of the line. It sucks but that’s how bankruptcy and limited liability works.

If an individual was responsible for every debt of a limited liability company they started the risk of having your life financially ruined forever would make the risk of doing business so high no one would ever do it - that’s the very reason bankruptcy and limited liability exist the first place.

Not that I wouldn’t be absolutely enraged if I saw him selling a focbox after I’d paid Enertion for one and never got it.
I know myself and I wouldn’t be able to get over it.

But is there an example of actual lies or scams on his part?

8 Likes

I smell controversey incoming :rotating_light: :rotating_light:

6 Likes

braces

5 Likes

From what I know he sold defective units he wouldn’t warranty, then he sold units and just never shipped them, then he claimed bankruptcy and immediately started selling the same defective units but under a new name. At the moment he’s selling the same defective units but he’s slapped a different label on them and cast them in epoxy, now we can’t see how bad the QC is

11 Likes

Have you read?

11 Likes

Apparently the 110% refund warranty was a lie too.

8 Likes

Yup

1 Like

Not only that, what about his employees (contracted repairers too) that he didn’t pay, and the customer boards that were left sitting in their repair centers for months without parts

Carl did a good post about this at one point.

There is some truth to what OP says about him not being a scammer because he was the president of a company that went bankrupt. However, he has done plenty of sketchy practices that would make one not want to support him financially

5 Likes

I suppose it doesn’t really get in to the illegally selling product while bankrupt, circumventing the aforementioned bankruptcy repayment chain to pay his own bills. Also not paying his engineers and then trying to shit smear them and call them thieves on his YouTube monologue.

9 Likes

I’m not counting these two as given because for the first one there are two sides to the story so I feel like I gotta accept the Australian receiver as the arbiter of truth.
For the second one I have to reserve judgement too since there are also two sides to the story and I don’t find his side unbelievable: the receiver awarded him the IP for the focbox and yet he doesn’t have the files for it and someone else is selling stuff based on those files.

Let’s not forget Jason was also reading people’s Private Messages on builders.

@mmaner must have learned that trick from Poppa Potter.

Oh and lying about patent filings (heatsinks on trucks) and trying to extort other manufacturers.

11 Likes

OK that’s gross if true.

6 Likes

Yeah there was one time where he publicly attacked someone for something in a dm (it ain’t a PM if he’s reading it, right?) if I remember correctly lmao

Isn’t that right @DerelictRobot

It has been a while, might have my memory squeued

3 Likes

He’s been caught a few times actually + I’ve seen him Koolaid man into a PM group I was a part of. Ex-employees confirmed it was a regular thing.

Let’s add content theft to the list of offenses. Lying is babytown frolics.

Also MassiveStator is a blatant phoenix company that sidestepped bankruptcy proceedings of Enertion. Questionably legal given the obfuscation of their assets.

10 Likes

I think when he emptied the joint bank account he held with EnertionBoardsUSA without a word to him sums up his reputation perfectly.

10 Likes

I was wondering what happened with that, there were USA unities for a little bit and then it vanished

Nice to know that is how it ended /s

1 Like

That’s a step ahead too, it didn’t start with massivewanker.

Less we forget when “raptor parts shop” popped up almost immediately after the bankruptcy filings were public and being processed. He then continually claimed he had nothing to do with it, saying it was the factory selling off the left over inventory he couldn’t pay for to get it to aus and then customers.

The whole thing was suspect from the start, but it was quickly confirmed that the pictures being used were ones that were sent out on exertion news letters/updates and then someone checked the a phone number tied to the recovery process for the web store host I think, confirming that was a number of his. The icing on the cake in that little chapter of the story, Potter was literally faking broken/poor English in support chats etc to fool customers into thinking it was actually some factory worker.

16 Likes

I have little to no experience with those specific past encounters or events. I generally have a WAY bigger pool of forgiveness than most people, and so my perspective is limited to my direct interactions. Which I’ll sum up as follows:

No matter what, regardless of logic, argument, or fact, this person can never be wrong. Can never entertain the possibility that their perspective doesn’t fit that of others, or that their opinions are misinformed. At no point, at all, are they ever even so much as toe-deep in the shadow of a doubt.

Those are generally the kind of people I avoid. Those kinds of people are potentially dangerous, and I am beyond the point in my life where I can mentally afford to walk into the risk bubble of interacting with that energy to any large degree.

“And for that reason, I’m out.”

13 Likes

I feel this. Extreme self-importance is a hallmark of narcissistic personality disorder.
I’ve met a few of those people I think we all have.
I stay away from them too.

It’s often the narcissists who have the self-belief you need to found a company.

5 Likes

Didnt he also use his personal Phone number and email for that website he didn’t have anything to do with? :rofl:

4 Likes