I FU**IN HATE ESCs

Ok but for real, the worst part about DIY.

I built my beautiful 20s beast thinking she’s gonna have A shit ton of power, but she’s slower than my previous 10s boards :rofl:

So I have

Spintend 100v ESC
20s4p p42a
4:1 gear drive
9” tires
173kv motors

VESC settings:
70 motor
-70 max current brake

50 batt
-35 regen

140 absolute max

Now my board is super slow. Like it takes 3 seconds from a stop just to get some kind of speed at full throttle. And the brakes are sooo bad they’re kind of dangerous on the road.

I have the absolute max at 140 because the Ubox limits it to 140 for some reason. Ideally I’d want it at like 200 with motor values higher.

Question here is, is there a firmware for the Ubox I can load that’s no hw limits? Can’t seem to find one.

Was going to tag Spintend but can’t find their page on here? If someone can help with that.

THANKS

4 Likes

Probably part of your issue. Your torque is going to be in the gutter at startup with that gear ratio and that wheel dia

5 Likes

I get it

But

I had this exact same set up last board I had with a stormy and it was 3x better. :sob:

Actually it was 18s.

3 Likes

email them

1 Like

I actually did! They’re sending me a firmware so I’ll report back if it works.

Ok so now I’m running into the same issue I had before loading a firmware on this thing…

It only loads it on one side. I try uploading it to the other side but every time I connect it again it still shows the older one. Why is this one side not taking the firmware?

1 Like

Usually this can be solved by writing a bootloader

4 Likes

Honestly, don’t even know what that is or how to do it. Lol.

2 Likes

You may need to apply via SWD

Go to the firmware tab, and on the top you have the option for the given files. Custom file. And bootloader’s.

2 Likes

uhhhhh wish I knew what that was lmao.

Right, so I go to the bootloader tab and it says generic. Do I upload that?

WAIT, yes it was the bootlaoder. Uploaded the generic then tried the firmware again and VALA.

Thanks for helping a ESC noob out ya’ll <3

11 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t know what that stuff is!!! Good work on sorting it out taras

7 Likes

I always feel like such a beginner asking these questions lmao. But I hate the “programming” side of DIY Esk8…

3 Likes

11 Likes

LMAO

3 Likes

Last time I did it all on robogotchi. Didn’t even plug it in. 4 ESCs at once :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time you hang up the DIY hat and buy some prebuilts :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

HONESTLY, I am having someone else build my next build lmao

Lol!