I dont live in the US, I dont have 1000+$, BUT I WANNA RACE!

would this work?
https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-Traxxas-Tmaxx-STMX3272T/dp/B01EILXAH6

Not me :wink:

You should also take a look at your wheels, those babies are very important too, start with 6x2 wheels or something cheap, they are great imho.

2 Likes

Please school me sir, what are 6x2 wheels?
Do u have a link maybe?

1 Like

These wheels

€ 10,98 35%OFF | 6 Inch Electric Scooter Wheel 6x2 Wheel With Air Tire Or Solid Tire Metal Hub With 8mm 10mm Axle Hole Trolley Cart Wheel

I think these are the cheapest “reliable” pneumatic option? If anyone knows better please correct me.

2 Likes

Cheapest and reliable are generally — though not always (see loopkey) — hard to fit in the same sentence.

I’d probably turn my own rims on a lathe if that was my true goal.

1 Like

Yeah most of the times its either € or :clock11:

2 Likes

Could you explain this for a dummie?

This is really good advice.

3 Likes

Around $500-$700 is what my board costed me thanks to my good homie @DerelictRobot donating to the poor. He got sick of my range anxiety and this is what happened. I’ll fucking race it. It’s pretty fast…

5 Likes

Thank you!
Another stupid question, you’d want the air filled ones so you can adjust air pressure right?

1 Like

Lol…close to 3k in parts alone in that thing

9 Likes

This and they’re just comfortable when compared to non air filled tires. I might have a set of these I can sell you for super cheap if ya want. With pullies too.

1 Like

Andrew doesn’t look at things in cost of $$$. It’s all love…

3 Likes

Most of them are running PU in that video though or am I seeing wrong?

The grip on the roads is better too than urethane, especially the karting tracks that we race are slippery for those wheels since there is a lot of rubber residue left.

3 Likes

Broke AF atm but there might be PM’s coming your way soon :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Nobody can overtake you too with those wide trucks :rofl:

5 Likes

Yeah, I mean making your own rims from a block of aluminum with a lathe and various hand tools.

1 Like

If you still want to build inrunner setup, here’s a list of components I’ve found to work very well on a race board thats within your budget:

This motor is a lowish kv (700kv) so on 6s, you can use a normal belt or chain drive without an extreme gearing ratio. In my experience, this motor can output around 60 amps continuously with passive cooling and 90 amps with a heatsink and fan.

This is a rebranded hobbywing esc, which has proved to be reliable for me. It stays cool to the touch under stressful conditions, has a punchy yet controllable throttle, and strong braking.

Turnigy batteries have a bad reputation for exaggerating their current specs but surprisingly, this lipo doesn’t sag much under heavy load. Get two of these in parallel and you should get around 8 miles of range on urethane wheels or 4.5 miles on 150mm pneumatics.

I would recommend a chain drive setup over 32 pitch spur gears. Chain is easier to mount, just as reliable and tends to last longer than tiny pinion gears.

For just over 500$ you can get alot of bang for your buck. The only thing this setup lacks is range so in the future you could just upgrade to a larger battery.

7 Likes