I don't have a cheeky name for it...um TeeSix?

I was gunna do this but then it got ran over in a hit & run so I was pretty bummed after not even quite finishing it but I’m putting it back together and still wondering if I’m going to have to do everything all over again but here we go…

Hot wiring thru grip and foam for every single cut out. had to rethread each and every time

12 Likes

Hard to tell but I’m filling holes with epoxy at this point, using packing tape to seal the bottom.

6 Likes

This is where it starts getting a bit complex. I had to cast in some anchors for the top battery box in the right spot but also use the same points to attach the stock battery and esc. Lucky thinking about it the opposite way allowed me to mount the anchors to the stock battery enclosure then align the board and fill the holes with epoxy around the anchors.

So I instead of trying to pour thickened epoxy into spots that needed mechanical strength I just stuffed a bunch of chopped strand into the epoxy and overdid it in the center of the board that why it looks like shit.

11 Likes

Please please please tell me this is your enclosure :grin:

10 Likes

Haha. I was just gonna say that. You can’t do that to this deck…

2 Likes

bröthur

Now I must pull mine back out and finish it T.T

12 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit over sized but they don’t make them exactly the way you need them

1 Like

I used the whole coat bolts in oil then cast them, then heat them up to remove trick to get perfect alignment no guess work required.

Didn’t take alot of pictures of the lay up because I was doing it but a layer of fiberglass between the aluminum and carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is conductive and will cause galvanic corrosion if in direct contact with aluminum. I did 4 layers of 22oz per yard unidirectional carbon fiber stem to stern.

After the car ran it over and spun it’s top on top of it for a minute. The front fork took a 5 degree bend.

15 Likes

I read more thoroughly.
Excellent work. My boss has the same water bottle as you.
The cutouts make everything 75x harder. Very clever filling in the holes and (theoretically and ridiculously?) top mounting!!
A+
Now I shall cover the bottom of mine in sheet rubber, fill in 6 specific holes with epoxy, and bottom mount<3
And you made it sexy. All hips and nips.

1 Like

DIY?

The aluminum deck was made by threesix and I carried over some parts from a Vereal RS

2 Likes

DIY a top enclosure I meant. The deck looks cool, but the metal toolbox on top is a hard sell…

1 Like

Quick disconnect toggle latch mounting

10 Likes

Was there any foam compression or something?
Link to those also?

1 Like

It’s compressing the portion of un gripped foam in the center of the board.

Just some toggle latches off amazon rated for 300 lbs.

the hooks are truck tool box clamps that I had to cut down and reshape to be able to get the toggles to work right.

1 Like

It’s a die cast enclosure from hammond for electronics. The whole board is aluminum so…

1 Like

Teesix get it? Threesix board made out of T6 aluminum as well as a few other bits but it’s all aluminum except the hubs…soon

3 Likes

Damn, that’s genius! What kind of wire and current did you use for that?

3 Likes

22 gauge resistive wire for e cigs

not entirely sure about the exact current draw per say but it was using a 10 amp supply

2 Likes

Of all the decks to get hit by a car, this is probably the best one :grin:

What stock enclosure and battery are or were you using btw?

1 Like