Hyperwobbles on hellcats

Here’s a video I just shot of some insane speed wobble.
One of the rear tires isn’t round. I can’t figure out how to flip the video. Sorry… fun starts about 25 seconds in. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr4kIns7K50

12 Likes

@Soflo😢
For all that money in that set up what do you think it is?

2 Likes

wholly fuck… rip that tire off… spin up just the hubs, it’s prolly not them, but… and then try and reseat the tire roundishly…

5 Likes

Jesus Christ that’s terrifying. Have you tried a dry spin test? Just wheels and bearings on an axle and check for any play. You mentioned one of the tires isn’t round, do you have a spare one lying around?

I feel like wider hubs would be a lot less prone to wobble because you have a wider bearing configuration

7 Likes

I wanna hate so bad but I shouldn’t :unamused:

Anyway. Is the kingpin on the trucks loose by any chance?

5 Likes

uhhhggggh GAWD thart was hard to watch! However though, I gotta hand it to you man you kinda really know how to ride those wobbles like a champ. You get those 8X3 kendas? Will be eager to see how those compare, then you can rule of whether it’s the hubs or tires.

5 Likes

Wheels wooble and the hypertrucks amplify it?

5 Likes

Please not the hubs🙏

3 Likes

Nah. It almost look like loose hardware

Also. There is always a possibility that board is happy to be out n she wiggles her tail quite a lot :grin:

11 Likes

Holy shit that looks fun

4 Likes

Dude. What a bummer.
Hope you sort it out.
Looks like you are doing the stanky leg dance…

2 Likes

Chatting with @Soflo I can at least confirm that this appears to just be an issue with one of his wheels. (Dunno if tire or hub, guess is tire)

I put my set on and took LC for a test ride last night up to 25ish with zero issue. Comfy and rock solid stable.

12 Likes

For sure it’s not an ESC thing? wasn’t certain firmware with certain ESCs causing wobbles at certain speed?

I could see if it was a hub/tire since it was isolated to the rear it seemed… but at the same time the ESCs are isolated to the rear as well.

:man_shrugging:

crazy

6 Likes

@Skatardude10 that was actually my initial thought too. He sent me a video of just that wheel spinning and it looks like the tire itself is a defect.

He’s running Jedboxes on fw3.58 and one of them gives weird values on Metr though, so not entirely ruled out?

The issue is definitely on one side

4 Likes

Dang, that’s some wobble. I’ve never gotten anything like that w/ any of the 6x 200x75s I’ve tried or the 4x kenda 8x3s.

3 Likes

So I put the mbs 6x2 rear hubs and tires on and hit max speed no problem. Now im pulling the front tires that I just got up to speed on the rear. Ive spun up the hubs without tires. They are not the problem. It’s these tires… I do have a spare but it’s not much better.

4 Likes

Hellcat update!!! @CiscoV you are the winner of today’s game of “WTF???” THANK YOU!!! No more fucking death wobbles!!! It was a loose hypertruck kingpin

14 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

There’s a warning that says to check all your hardware before each ride, rule breaker…

3 Likes

Haha. Glad you found the problem brother
Happy to help :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There’s gotta be a poll for noobiest mistake from a veteran

5 Likes