Hypertrucks vs Hellcats. binding.

Oh I missed that, for sure there is something out of center on the hubs, with the hub mounted, spin it with just one bearing on the axle and see if you can spot any wobble on the bearing that is not on the axle

2 Likes

just for a joke

mic the OD of the MBS truck axles and then the hypertrucks

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a pulley bearing stuck on my kahuas. Precision is definitely a two edged sword.

4 Likes

yupā€¦ even a slight ā€œkinkā€ in the axle will send the bliss of precision into the agony of the stuck bearingā€¦

1 Like

puzzling them together I have something thatā€™s working. with only one hub giving trouble but itā€™s workable.

2 Likes

I luv that you used a spreadsheet for your science

Iā€™d have used goats blood marks on the garage floor

2 Likes

I still cut notches in my upper arm for tracking things.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not so committed to the ā€œcuttingā€ thing

I lack commitmentā€¦

but you should see the semi-permanent sharpie marks on my hands, at the end of a race

They were a very tight fit. Very.

2 Likes
hypertrucks 11.82mm
MBS matrix IIs 11.75mm Ā± 0.01

soā€¦ yeah very small amount of precision is fā€™n me here. :smiley:
so much time wasted.

1 Like

ifā€™n ya wanna we can chuck them up and gently un-precision them with some fine grit wet 'n dryā€¦ a couple of thou should do the trick

so, my thoughts are the @ZachTetra offered the bestest solution!

3 Likes

A bearing have to be seating a bit off
Bet thing will be to push bearing out and insert it again, will need an arbor press for this.

6 Likes

thanks.

thatā€™s the main hypothesis we had. though i lucked out puzzling things together. which suggests maybe itā€™s something else.

Out of curiosity How would you press it out? the outer race isnā€™t accessible on that side. do you just push on the inner race and let the bearings take the load to the outer race? got any video of this being done? does that destroy the bearing?

2 Likes

Have you tried this hub on another axle ?

To get the bearing out push the inner race by using a wrench socket or spacer.

Iā€™ll send you a couple of bearings to use as replacement, let me have your order number.

The using the arbor press is pretty straightforward
See here

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-arbor-press-3552.html

2 Likes

those numbers sound very wrongā€¦?

1 Like

FatBoy 320 axles are 11.94mm :joy:

3 Likes

Indeed , Hypertrucks should be between 11.97 to 11.98 mm

1 Like

Fair. Iā€™m using $20 digital Calipers. never did any kind of calibration though. I thought I zeroed them properly I can try again. concerned theyā€™d be that far off. they state they are Ā±0.02 accuracy.

the relative diff should be the same though.

3 Likes

right. after mixing and matching the front and rear hubs I ended up with 3 hub sets that fit pretty good. and one that was manageable. ie it fit and removed with a bit of persuasion. the good ones fit on all four axels. the tough one is tough on all four axels.

The interesting bit is that certain combos worked. (green) others didnā€™t. and I canā€™t pick out that one or two bearings are seated poorly from that data.

butā€¦ I guess Iā€™m good now.

so donā€™t want to push out any bearing via the inner race and possibly destroy it.

1 Like