Hurricane RKP, anyone?

I don’t really have a great deal to say about the OG exway trucks.

They are indeed the Seismic Aeon trucks, so that’s better than a lot of other prebuilts just using shit clones. But they’re still just cast trucks.

As far as ride feel goes they are pretty bog standard in my opinion. The one thing that shits me about them is the proprietary bushings. Lame.

3 Likes

yes, and cost a lot just for a pair, duro option is limited also

1 Like

Hey man,

I installed some rkp surfrodz 200mm on the hurricane and got some longer axles for it and as it seems it won’t have any wheelbite.

I couldn’t test it out yet because my battery is rip :frowning: but if it still gets wheelbite you can always get longer axles on those surfrodz!

3 Likes

@BillGordon Same for me, never even came close to a wobble, Might just be nostalgia for my first board, but I still enjoy the ride feel/lean of the X1 pro.

@glyphiks Cast trucks, yes, and a hangar broke once on a curb. Just in case Kev is right about the no-wheelbite with Surf Rodz, how would the Surf Rodz compare to BN in terms of ride feel, if that is a question that can be answered? I thought about Savage trucks (obviously), but then again, maybe it is RKP>TKP for me in any case.

@Kev Check the BMS, as I had two dead batteries with only the BMS being defunct (apart from a welding issue). Let me know once you got your board running how the wheelbite situation is, or just take it downhill right now for me please, and lean in :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Interesting, what was the draw of the surfrods setup over the BN hangers and baseplates? Asking as i went for BN270 + adjustable baseplates, but i’ve seen alot of people going for surfrods instead. Are they better or something?

Hurricane and Hadean are similar. We did a Hadean 3-link install a few weeks ago. Relocated the truck mount holes outward 22mm.

2 Likes

Did you do anything to fill in the gap on the top of the deck left from switching from drop through mounting to top mount? (Asking as i’m switching from drop through to top mount and had some lasercut aluminum plates made to fill that space, wondering if that was necessary at all). Also, does drilling additional holes cause any issues with stress concentrations or does the carbon fiber still hold up?

On the Hadean the carbon/resin was well made and solid with no cavities. It drilled nice for the relocate. Joe was going to have somthing 3d printed to fill the drop through hole… A CNC aluminum drop in adapter would allow extra room for 200mm tire clearance. We used a 150mm wheel with no interference.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Its not a hurricane, but heres my Zeus Pro WIP with BN270 hangers and adjustable baseplates mounted drop through. Incase anyone wants to replicate this style of mounting with the BN adjustable baseplates, you do need to modify them a bit. First of all, you might have to file the deck a smidge to accommodate the baseplates. Secondly, you need to replace the locking bolt and nut with a locking pin so it doesn’t protrude outside of the baseplate. A 6mm diameter pin 26mm long is perfect. It makes it a bit tricky to assemble and disassemble but it’s by far the cleanest method.

4 Likes

Ha, good to see. To be fair, thought about your trucks as well (obviously again), would love to try them, but seem to on the wrong continent for that. If anyone has a 3-link-setup here in goddam esk8hell Germany, would love to try. Same applies for the Savage1 trucks, hope it is fair to mention both at the same time. Too late now anyway :). So yes, let me know, anyone.