Hunterboards, a new take on e-skate design?

As I’ve been saying from the beginning, the proof is in the pudding and we need to see the board out in demos and proper reviews.

Having said that, I’m quite excited to see new bits of tech on a board and how the board performs as a result of that!

3 Likes

Best close up shots yet.

I need to contact my german buddy who was designing a baja S2 DIY clone.

2 Likes

Nice video! They are certainly different from anything else out there.

1 Like
1 Like

Live now!!

NVM Canceled interview, only few questions being answered.

these parts aren’t the thickest but there are 8 of them, the suspension also is adjustable.

2 Likes

This person says it is an evolution on the NKP from @MoeStooge but besides the sphericals being used on the suspension and steering I can’t really say they are the same.

1 Like

deck cavity pics

1 Like

Nope, nothing in common :slightly_smiling_face:
This is more like a Baja board in terms of suspension system

3 Likes

There’s a 3-link assembly there? Just with the added suspension.

Baja’s design is completely different, and for different purposes altogether.

With regards to the production run, Hunterboards have delays due to improvements made on the board (different motor assemblies) and Covid-19 related issues that mean the factory is pumping less boards the time unit than they wished for.

They have now completed a substantial funding round, and we should expect deliveries in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Sorry but from what I see, the Hunter is a classic parallelogram suspension system, with shafts turning the wheels.
3links is a whole other story :slight_smile:

3 Likes

did these ship yet?

I really want to see a video of someone jumping up and down on the deck while standing still.

3 Likes

I wanna see someone take it off some sweet jumps.

4 Likes

Yeah for real, although I have to wonder what happens when the suspension bottoms out, like is it super harsh or does it have a rubber bump stop

1 Like

As the suspension compresses and the wheels move laterally, I see chunk city for wheels.

My opinion only, idk🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

From an engineering perspective, this is a very cool piece of kit. Props to them for trying something new - it’s tough to fight the momentum of traditional designs. Hope it tests well when people start thrashing on it.

4 Likes

Looks freakin’ smooth :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

@pedrosand
So any news, is the board released or not?

1 Like