Hummie hubs Kickstarter

I belive it’s @MoeStooge himself that holds the unofficial speed record at something like 70 mph, unless @Lucifer beat it, which would not surprise me…

I know @Lucifer hits mid 50’s in up hill races like it’s nothing.

7 Likes

:thinking:Let’s see you do this at our next group ride :thinking:

5 Likes

Dudes do this! These are the most durable drives out. At most u have to replace bearings. Best polyurethane. Smallest airgap. All steel parts not extruded and bolted with little screws.
Look at the reviews of the other stuff vs these and customer service. We need u to make it to the goal!

4 Likes

ive been updating on the kickstarter what’s been happening but haven’t here yet.

With the bucks raised we’ve got a bunch of great upgrades that will be happening:

giant precision 7005 aluminum hanger.

24mm hollow chromoly axles with integrated wires

custom stator getting made allowing as smooth a roll as anything else out there.

This is beyond the great Aend tires, press fit parts, and bit bigger motors with a giant bearing I mentioned before.

join us!

this graphs show how this new stator will give over 3x less cogging torque than the old motors and on par with mellow and torqueboards direct drive which have a great free roll.

the rotor/bell will stay almost the same. the only real variable at this point is the thickness of the hub chromoly and we have a bit of time to decide still and doing modeling and testing.

those aren’t fins if anyone asks! those are grill strips! stolen from the the George Forman grill design don’t say anything.

25 Likes

A suggestion, add some radius on the shaft where it meets the hanger, it makes a huge difference on fatigue life

On the bearing spec sheet there is the maximum radius allowed for a flush fit

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand well. When I’ll get your “Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5”, can you tell me if it will suit this new truck or I’ll need to grind it?

even the paris 195 v2 trucks that come on the other side of the motors can lose their paint and it just fits. but youd have to grind it a bit w this hanger I could do it and all of them really or get them to do it

Here’s a print of one pretty similar.

1 Like

The axels and hanger gonna be fluid filled for better heat trans?

1 Like

Maybe it’s better to keep this magnificent hanger look beautiful!

2 Likes

No, the opening is for the cables to be routed through.

Beautiful. I’d personally round these bottom edges for a bit more ground clearance, at least the depth of the fins though… Maybe even a flat cut if you like the existing boxy look. Shouldn’t remove much thermal mass and if I scrape the ground I’d rather scrape a rounded or flat section than 90° edge.

Will the axles transfer a lot of the thermal energy into the hangars or will there be a flush interface between the side of the motor and the flat end of the hangar for thermal paste heat transfer that way too?

Not sure how realistic this is regarding thermal paste, but if your going to make such a large heat sink I think it needs thermal interface material to really take full advantage of that. I’d love to see thermal paste standard… Maybe loctite blue deep in the hangar threading to snag the last few threads of the axle, with thermal paste applied to the axle threads after screwing it into the hanger the amount of threads that will interface with the loctite, a small amount of thermal paste between the axle and the motor, and thermal paste applied between the side of the motor and side of the hangar.

T[quote=“DavidC, post:149, topic:2540”]
Sorry I don’t understand well. When I’ll get your “Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 ”, can you tell me if it will suit this new truck or I’ll need to grind it?
[/quote]

even the paris 195 v2 trucks that come on the other side of the motors can lose their paint and it just fits. but youd have to grind it a bit with this hanger. I could do it and all of them really or get them to do it

@Skatardude10
exactly everything you say. the design and after. that edge. but going rounded from the square shape, or the machining of that I wonder how it would look. I don’t think would look nice to go a true round shape. I wonder if their machines could do it. could always go huge and then put a beveled edge. It’s light and could get a waffle shape or something. I like the big grill. I don’t know what limitations their cnc machines have. Who know? A waffle grill I like. Fat pins. I’ll post that! I like that.

and the 15 tooth stator

love that pic devin. so we go bigger there till you cant make that crack.

@iKNOWaFATman then we have the possibility.
could do whatever in the hole.

the single detail on how thick the chromoly axle need be has to be figured and the connection to the hanger with a radius or hopefully a chamfer as its simpler for them. need to find a decent newton meter load I can work with in the simulator. how much load you think is realistic for a skate axle? if only someone had some stress sensors on their axle. and it wouldn’t even be hard and guy who runs endless-sphere sells them on his site grintech https://www.ebikes.ca/shop.html he had them hooked up and connected to the brakes and throttle.

the most stressed on the hub part being just two steps to the left of the biggest diameter above. at the thread. as the pic is above. the mass is 193 mm^2. a 12mm axle is 113mm^2. before threading.

2 Likes

26 Likes

@topcloud Is very beautiful.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Very nice, so understated.

1 Like

This is so close to what i plan to build, this deck is really nice!

1 Like

Ah… not a fan of the big hangar look. Was hoping it’ll be more stealth and more shaped like the V4.
:sweat:

2 Likes

Heatsink hangars though! They should keep your motors super cool… so cool it’s illegal :slight_smile:

:neutral_face: understandable sentiment though, I can see how the design would not be for everyone.

I haven’t backed yet personally, i’d love to… but this design makes me want to back it more (even though I can’t).

1 Like

I know! But i plan to use the hubs on a commuter board and it has to look as inconspicuous as can be.
With a fat hangar like that idk how to smoke my way through if the authorities stop me. :grimacing:

3 Likes