Hummie hubs Kickstarter

the idea of cleaning it up with other tools getting inside all those grooves… sounds very time consuming if possible and it’s a steel insert on the end

4 Likes

Bore out the opposite side a tiny bit. The stator side. That way you don’t have to clean up the splines.

2 Likes

Machine down to splines and chamfer the part on the motor side?
There’s also other methods to remove the debris/excess metal in the splines without spending much time on it.

Boring out the hub only like .5mm deep around where the axle inserts would be ideal.

I always chose chamfer over fillet

Aluminum foil or indium foil cut to shape n put between seems easy enough and people can do that. I think worth adding a spot of retaining fluid and a lot of thermal past on the axle but I’m leaving it bare and even loose n people can figure what they want and bring their own thoughts.

12 Likes

Wow, those look awesome :slight_smile: Your impossible solderjob is still holding up btw, V4 hummies still going strong :slight_smile: Last time I rode with an Evolve guy for the first time on his favorite track, he warned me about berrys, tar on the road, gaps etc. At first I listened to his advise but later on I just went straight through, my Hummie hubs build is a tank, those ultrawide wheels are like on rails :smiley:

18 Likes

Shipping to USA Today! I wrote all the usa folks on Kickstarter to get addresses and still missing some people.
I’ll be adding phase wires to this. The weakest link be careful with the magnet wire (16awg) and not sure what’s the best way to deal with that vulnerability

I’ll send you all (in usa) extra wheels because I have so fregin many and in appreciation of ur patience. And extra tires.
(Not a fan of the four silver bolts on top n rather better recessed and black. Something for you to do and I’m done)

I’m not soldering the leads. My testing shows pretty close conductance with so much contact and being squeezed in the slots. I’ll be putting shrink on but they’re not waterproof and need something at this spot to seal the connection. I don’t know and hoping others will figure it out.

39 Likes

this has been a long and chaotic way but you made it and didn’t let the people down, kudos !

14 Likes

:partying_face: Congrats! When do you think you’ll put up extras for sale?

9 Likes

As soon as get these out and the rest out to eu. Maybe another week.

11 Likes

Will my aging dibs be honoured? I feel like I’ve been waiting for this moment since I realised boards could be motorised.

9 Likes

You’re getting there John. Looking really sweet.
I can’t remember how many sets you were gonna send me just for my continued support? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Looking good :heart_eyes:
Would love to get some but will probably cost the price of a complete when at my door :joy:

8 Likes

Congrats John!!! Part of me needs these… the other part is broke.

13 Likes

Ok. Ok. I’m slow I know. And we wait till Friday so can add thermal paste to the rest of usa and we

get black bolts that look much nicer.

And some usa people still haven’t given their address after writing them on Kickstarter. If ur one of them write me at humminashadeeba@gmail

24 Likes

I hope that some day fate will get me a set of those :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

How can I get this drive?
Ready and set

3 Likes

By pledging to the kickstarter that closed some 2 years Ago. :kissing_heart:

Hummie said he might have a few sets extra once backers are done. If you’re lucky you can snag a pair. Patience is key here tho. Its a slow process and we generally just put our trust and bucks in John to wait for results. Time will tell.

7 Likes

Yeah I think I want in one one of these “extra sets” if they exist :slightly_smiling_face: @DavidF

7 Likes

Well done mate! It’s been a long hard road you should be super proud of your transparency and honestly throughout the process and the end result!

9 Likes

Yeah if there’s a lineup for latecomers to buy extra sets I want to be in it.

2 Likes