Hummie carbon and wood deck group buy

Man, the holidays are the worst time to ship. So many temp workers that do not give a flying fuck.

2 Likes

It must take some serious force to damage a deck this badly no? Damn

1 Like

I imagine it must have fallen off the plane instead of going down the chute to build up enough force to do that. I’ll send u another today. I should pack the corners better.

@rosco sent another.
All orders went out the door.

9 Likes

Cheers for sorting this and resending a replacement so quickly @hummieee
Paypaled you some cash towards (the exorbitant) postage
Chur bro
Ross

6 Likes

How to order one of the decks? Posted to the UK?

@hummieee

1 Like

Hi Igor-

Good to have you here. To PM someone, click on their round avatar. To get someone’s attention, just put @ sign followed by their username.

Welcome!

2 Likes

Found the google doc. If u get on it I’ll get if our in days. All orders have been shipped

@hummieee mine just showed up yesterday, better than the pictures show! Exciting times are ahead! Thank you!

It’s a beaut Clark. It’s a beaut.

2 Likes

@hummieee Are there still some blemished decks available? Need one for skinning.

2 Likes

Lots still. Get on the google form and get them out this week.

2 Likes

payed and fild in the forum a few days ago any idea when next round will ship?

1 Like

Left last night and will add the tracking numbers to this post later today. And refund u the difference. Seems going to u in the Neanderthal lands is cheaper than rest of Europe by like 20$.

7 Likes

So is this classed as a blem or perfect deck @hummieee ?

I first thought it was sanding at first but it follows the patten of the fabrics not the curve of the deck Also there’s a 4mm deep dent in the resin in opasit corners I can only presume from stacking wet in construction

See the laminate layers have evidence of knots with holes in them showing lower quality wood. Iv cut up thousands of sheets of struchal grade birch wood ply for building theatre sets in this wouldn’t pass.

4 Likes

Just for reference this is how knots are delt with on struchal ply the knot is drilled out and then a dowl is glued in before the log it turned in to sheets for making ply.

7 Likes

Great, thanks a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Think they all have those dents

4 Likes

All have the dimples. I see DIYElectricSkateboard with what seems almost an exact copy now that he shrunk down the hole in the bottom has the same dimples. From when they clamp it down in the mill.

Blem vs non-blem is pretty close call. If u aren’t happy w it write me and we can work something out.

4 Likes

I still don’t think it is an exact copy. But I haven’t been able to get rid of those dimples either. :sob:

I think it’s due to the deck being a lot wider than normal.

5 Likes

dimples are because of the moulds? If you both have dimples it probably comes from the same mould :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

@BigBen @hummieee

Did hummie get a stock of enclosures?
Can’t see anything about them here or in the gdoc so I guess not?

1 Like