Hummie carbon and wood deck group buy

To route or not to route. That is the question.

Here’s the 3 options side by side. Small, medium and silly.

22 Likes

Has anyone built a board with the silly enclosure?

2 Likes

Yes, there’s 6 or 7 out in the wild. I’ve not seen photos though.

3 Likes

@AlanZhou – you were meant to be the chosen one! :disappointed:

2 Likes

@BigBen How much are the thinnest, single stack enclosures shipped to California?
@hummieee Can you please take a few more pics of blem edges close up in focus? I’m thinking of building another Acoustic and might be able to work around those blems.

2 Likes

@donta42 They’re £60 each and slow shipping is £20 or rapid is £30. I don’t have a stock of them but will be able to make more over the holidays.

5 Likes

Oh man is it getting hot in here?

For those into packaging it doesn’t get any better than hand wrought cardboard. repurposed saving

5 trees and probably a squirrel.

If u send me 5$ less will send with no box.

12 Likes

I will take the squirrels if you have any left

3 Likes

Will they take it w/ just a sticker slapped on it? I’m curious to see the outcome… $105 curious?

4 Likes

Are you going to try that permeated thing you mentioned before?

which thing ??

1 Like

In the meantime I already bought a Landyachtz Evo with a Bigben enclosure.

Shut sorry autocorrect hit me, Permatex was it some kind of urethane edges sorry dude don’t remember exactly. You mentioned you wanted to do something to the edges of your board, you even made a photoshop to show how it would look like.

OOh yeah, that. It was to urethane the edges of the deck all around. The mockup was to show why i DIDN’T end up doing it - It ate up too much of the beautiful contrast.

1 Like

Well let us know what you are up to with this one, I am looking to do the edges on my MTB

1 Like

No major plans yet. Still have some Ziricote Wood, and was thinking i’d put it to use somehow.

2 Likes

They will! And in the past it faired as well as those in boxes. The post office likes the deck and don’t want to scratch it.

2 Likes

@hummieee hey hummie you’ll be able to send my deck with my 4WD hub motors?