Hummie | 12S4P | Unity | VX1 | 140KV | Super carve | Superstar | Urban treads

Beautiful build! Crazy amount of detail especially for your first build! I like the use of the charging cable holders for the motor phase wires. Great work my friend!

Nice clean build. Love it.

Update. Board is running great. Have been commuting to work and joy riding. No hick ups. Fused the charge port with a 7.5A fuse. Added PVC nitrile sheet Link

My take on water resistance. First I raised the encosure with a 8mm rubber gasket, mostely so the silicone would have a gap to fill. Then I made one continues seal of silicone around the perimiter of the enclousure. And plenty of silicone all around the wires in the wire channel. It´s neutral cure silicone which can extend/compress +/- 25 %.

Made a test jig. Silicone does not adhere to heat shrink in its original size. Silicone adheres okay to shrunk heat shrink. Silicone adhers good to wood.

Installed trampa superstars using board bumpers trampa hub bearing adapter set. Nice and tight fit inside the hub and on the axle! Does not make any squeaking or creaking noises.

Glamour shots :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I’m still deciding whether I’m more jealous about the board or the countryside. Great build. Well done!

4 Likes

This board looks amazing, almost the same as mine, but better, maybe its the chrome wheels, or the Evolve trucks get it lower and wider, or even the background :grin:

1 Like

@BearHere why did you replace evolve hubs with superstars? Notice any difference?

The superstar rims are for my upcoming winter build with a silver/white/wood color theme. Since I have them I just installed them. Apart from the visuals, they feel and function the same as Evolve hubs. With the superstars I can fill the tires with higher PSI with a bit more confidence.

1 Like

How did I miss this build thread? Lovely work and a great write up. Nice use of foam too.

Vibration is only good in the bedroom.

4 Likes