Hubs & Gear Drives

Need some help. I have a Flux Motion, love it, but i don’t like the MBS Rockstar hubs that comes with it, because of the pattern holes of the pulley i bought the MBS Rockstar Pro thinking that it could be a good option but i was wrong ( if someone wants i can sell for half the price 4 Rockstar Pro with bearings only used once).
Next step that i can think of is buying one set of Moon drives and Trampa MegaStar hubs ( only hubs that i know that you can balance the wheel putting extra screws on it), this seems the best balance between cost/quality parts. I live in Portugal so i prefer sellers from Europe because of shipping costs and taxes.
What do you guys think? Good choice? Or there are better solutions out there?

P.s.: Sorry if chose the wrong topic to post this.

1 Like

what is wrong with the current mbs hubs?

1 Like

Rockstar II hubs are medium sexy at best

2 Likes

Get moon drives but keep the rockstar hubs, my superstars have been nothing but pain.

I have Superstars in another board, nothing wrong with them, may i ask what problems did you get with tours?

1 Like

First they wobble and they are difficult to balance, second i really don’t like the looks from them…

1 Like

They are pretty easy to balance, all it needs is a few weights inside the rim

1 Like

They wobble and some of the spoke holes are drilled off centre. Replacing a tire on them is also much more tedious than doing so on a rockstar ii

Sounds like a Metro or SunMate rim, real Trampa rims should be much better

If you are referring to me, I bought them directly from trampa so they should have been fine.

Nah ive seen this complaint several times with the spoke holes being misaligned on the trampas

3 Likes

Does he do anything about it?

Yeah they usually just swap the spokes. Its specifically the holes in the spokes, not the hubs IIRC

2 Likes

Only have the spoke hole wrong on one of 8 spokes, biggest issue is 3 out of 4 wheels appear to be not centered on the axles meaning they wobble up and down. Swapping spokes slightly fixes it but I’m moving to rockstar ii’s

1 Like

I don’t blame you.

1 Like

For what i can tell reading all the comments MegaStar hubs may not be the best choice.
What do you guys think about 3DServisas Fatboy wheel hubs? For what i can tell reading the specs they have same Bolt pattern of Trampa hubs but not MBS Rockstar, right?

From my experience with 3d servisas they only have top notch stuff.

But dont count on them having replacemetn gears for your geardrives in a year or two :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yep thay always looking at the next thing. but ones it’s gone thay dont restock unless there’s a big demand to justify I new batch no ongoing support of matainkng any thing

1 Like

I mean making new 10-15 motor pulley wouldnt hurt them so much… and they would sell for sure haha

I like trampa hubs because you can customize them and widen them using a 3d printed part.