Hoyt puck questions.

Is there a way to get rid of the 15% neutral dead zone? Or is this something I just need to get used to?
Hooked up… PPM on a Unity.

2 Likes

It’s part of the input set up on vesc tool.

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess I’ll just get used to it.
I don’t have the Vesc tool and a useable computer.
I just use the App and I’m still using 23.44

I’ve never used the unity ui. I’m sure there’s probably a way. Someone will chime in.

1 Like

I reversed the potentiometer direction on the puck (R button) and I can use the puck upside down having the dead zone on the brake side as I prefer it. But now I’m holding my PPBruce the wrong way in my right hand.
If I knew earlier about this dead zone I would have ordered a left hand PPBruce and use it in my right hand with the potentiometer in reverse mode (R button).
Oh well I guess I’ll just have to get used to it.
I’m just not used to giving it that much throttle to get my board going, at the 2:1 ratio I’m running makes the top end a little touchy.
Maybe later I’ll mess with the throttle curve/expo to see if that helps.
Thanks.

You don’t happen to have a metr or something?

1 Like

Nope. I use the Unity Bluetooth.
My boards are pretty basic. Ones gear driven the other belt.

If you’re running the original firmware you should be able to connect using the og Focbox Unity app. If memory serves me correctly, the input Wizard on it allows for deadzone adjustment.

4 Likes

Yes. I only use the App. Maybe I’m missing something.
I’ll have to take another look.
What’s weird when I first got the puck I didn’t have the dead zone but I had only 75% braking. Then I realized I wasn’t applying the apply config again after I calibrated it.
That took care of my braking problem.

1 Like

Yeah I just installed & checked; I was mistaken. It has negative/positive ramping but no deadzone adjustment settings exposed.

Unfortunately I think you’ll need a PC & the full UI Focbox Unity tool

1 Like

Thanks for checking.
I did a quick 12 mile ride earlier.
I think I can live with it. It didn’t take to long to get used to it.
And I wanted to get a feel of the PPBruce shell I got from you, and it’s way more comfortable than the stock shell.

1 Like