How to update firmware on the Flipsky 75100 & 75200 FOC ESC

I will try it today. I will keep a current limit of 100A when I go over 50% duty cycle, and see how it goes. thanks! the source on github you mean the korjaa changes or your link on the top?

2 Likes

Both. The hw_fsesc_75_200_alu .h and .c files in the first post along with the changes to the mc_interface.c and mcpwm_foc.c listed in the korjaa github link. He was following along in the discord thread and created that github branch, while I was just modifying the code directly and compiling to see if the changes would even work.

With some more testing this could be merged with the main project, but it’s still experimental at this point

tight squeeze.

1 Like

heres the results, night and day. Amazing.

default firmware

The sample firmware posted above. this is after motor and hall detection only and zero tweaking yet, other than flux linkage, as detection set it at 100mwb for some reason. i set it at 21mwb and here is the result. keep in mind i had the samples set a bit high so it looks rougher than it would normally, i didnt feel like re recording another run.

1 Like

the 75100 in my m365 using sensorless bldc sounds like an f1 car… wtf :rofl:

Hello guys and thank you for your work. I have two 75100 v1 in laotie es10p and 1 75100 V2 on xiaomi. What firmware you recoments I have 6.02 but battery is not reading right also the motor test is giving bad readings. Any idea?

1 Like

I can’t get the same detection results twice with mine when I ran through the foc wizard with my ninebot max and a xiaomi m365… but atleast it sounds cool. :thinking:

What readings are you getting that are bad?

For scooter/ebike hub motors the 2kg outrunner setting in the motor wizard works pretty well

1 Like

the resistance and inductance detection values go up and down and all around. under load trying to ride it just for shits and giggles in sensored foc it stutters nd bucks like hell but sensored bldc runs like a MFer.
hardware is makerbase 75100v2 box with the fw 6.0 from the top of this thread.
here’s what it’s running…

1 Like

Can you take some screenshots of the motor detection using the 2kg outrunner and any other settings you change after reseting defaults. Does it detect halls and it’s running with those at low rpms?

Do you have the ability to measure motor resistance and inductance manually to compare?

If the detected values are bad it won’t run FOC right. You can also do manual detections on the FOC tab and play with current / time constants to see if you get something that works.

Flipsky 75100 v1 and makerbase 75100 v1 with oficial 6.02 no limit I tried the limited version also this is the result with laotie es10p motor 1000w 52v (motor with no halls) and this are the results with same motores same controller but with 75300_r2 firmware how can it be? Witch firmware should I use?

2 Likes

i keep getting these transient under voltage and over current faults, went through all my connection points and wiring thoroughly but it’s legit.

1 Like

Anyone had any luck with AS5047P on a 75100v2 over SPI? Connecting to the hall lines I get nothing except induced noise on my analyzer, it doesn’t seem to pull hall3 low for CS. I saw another post about there being caps on some flipsky hall inputs that break SPI, but I can’t see the same layout on the PCB for the 75100.

I tried using the hardware SPI port too but I can’t figure out how/if that’s exposed on the port. It looks like the 75300 is meant to expose this on the COMM port using RX for CS, ADC2 for MISO and ADC1 for SCK, but that doesn’t look right for the hwconf which has CS on A4 rather than shared with RX1 on B11… So I’m not sure the hardware SPI is actually fully exposed on the 75100 at all? Or possible it’s misconfigured away from the I2C/UART pins, since the trampa 75300 hwdef also seems to mismatch the SPI labels on the case…

I suspect I should be trying to use soft SPI, but if caps need removing maybe it’s easier to recompile the soft SPI to use something other than the hall pins if they have pullups or caps that interfere with SPI… I’m only otherwise using the CAN interface so I could detach the UARTs or I2C if I had to…

Help appreciated!

Hi jaykup,

I am drifted from eFoil channel into this forum (however, I have a DIY eMountainboard) and seeing some issue with my Flipsky VESCs. I was wondering if you can enlighten me. I have quite a big inrunner motor with 120kv and 10pole on a 14S 36Ah Li Ion Battery:

driven already by a 75200 (old version with white potting, watercooled) and now the new 75200 watercooled which is i guess same to the VERSION 75200 Aluminum PCB. I have stock FW installed (75_300_R2) and I have trouble to run my motor at higher duty. Here is a log from today:

The issue is, that the motor starts to desync / scratch / make noise and is not going higher speed at certain duty / rpm. I also have that behavior in BLDC mode (and FOC ofc). I have done several detection and tweaking on motor parameters but there is no effect at all. The motor does spin in air fine at fully duty. Also in start phase in water I can easy pull 200a to lift. Once flying with the Efoil the current drops (less drag) and rpm increase to certain point where it shows the issue.

Does this correlate with the low / phase shunt FW topic ? What would you recommend to me for trouble shooting? I was going to test your new FW this weekend. I spent already hours in and outside of the water to fix it, but I was not successful. Your support is very much appreciated,

best
Jan

Same trouble on new firmware

Did you try this firmware? A few seem to have luck with it for the 75200 which has some hardware flaws

Btw any idea how to get more low end torque?

I run 2 hub motors with 2 FSESC 75100 Alu PCB’s and it does decent torque, HOWEVER it seems to start to take off over 15-20 kph and under that it is pretty mild, which is strange as i feel like i can accelerate 20 - 50 in the same time as 0-10, like actually mild

running FOC mode with hall sensors

the ERPM is kinda low due to the motors tho (about 8700 ERPM at 25 ish kph, need to check it but it’s around that)

50kph is pretty much near it’s duty cycle limit on the 48V battery and my weight, 60 with field weakening

both 42A on battery side and 120A max phase current

running standard observer though, and the hall sensors may or may not be off however multiple hall redetections didn’t change it’s behaviour so i guess it’s somewhere else

1 Like

If you have an external heatsink you could try no limit firmware at 130-150A, (225A abs max, slow abs false) I know some are pushing it that hard but it’s always a risk.

A better way is to change the motor windings to something with a bit less top speed then upgrade to a 16/18s battery to get the top speed back. Or slightly smaller tire size. Could also do 20s, but if you plan to push past 120A that’s really at the edge of the controller’s reliability

Yeah thats the issue with all these electric power scooter wheels, they all essentially have the same KV rating, they all can do 100km/h on a 72V (84V max) battery/system unfortunately

I just think the FSESC holds back at low RPMS (but i also read somewhere the deadtime etc value change low end performance, and i still have it at 1000)

or i might just need to use the 75200’s but i’m planning to get a different scooter soon with a higher voltage battery out of the box, and double the Wh capacity as finding parts that fit on this one is rather hard, can’t even find suspension parts that fit on this Lol and i want more range

i’ll play a bit with the deadtime i suppose

1 Like