How to update firmware on the Flipsky 75100 & 75200 FOC ESC

I don’t have a bluetooth adapter

Hi again, I have followed all the steps in “ST-LINK over the SWD port”. The VESC is now connected to Vesc Tool and according to the LED’s on the controller the VESC and controller is paired. Vesc Tool still says paired: false, except from that everything seem to be in place but the motor doesn’t respond when i accelerate on the controller. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Is it something with the electronics or could it be a software issue?

1 Like

I believe HW_DEAD_TIME_NSEC must be also overriden in firmware config file.
Fsesc uses FET drivers that has built in 100ns deadtime, while UCC2721 has only 2ns.

It sounds like your questions might be VESC firmware setup related. Maybe check out some tutorials on Youtube for how to set it up.

Basically you connect to it
Run motor detection
Run the input wizard. Pay attention to battery current.
Go for a ride and tweak motor/battery current as needed.

This is a really good point. The deadtime is 660ns in the firmware.

#define HW_DEAD_TIME_NSEC 660.0

What’s interesting is Vedder bumped that up to 1000 on his 75_300 firmware, which also means all the Flipsky controllers running it also got a bump. I left it at 660. I’d have to put it on a scope to see what actually makes sense.

1 Like

Agree, I would not try small delay values before checking with a scope.
Drivers has bigger built-in deadtime but they are also weaker.

Hey, am I doing something wrong? I have one of the new Flipsky 75100 designed boards instead of the one they stole the design of, but anytime I try to connect via Bluetooth on android it fails and VESC tool says it has a problem reading the firmware. USB C connection makes no connection sounds/notification on Windows and VESC tool cannot find it.

I had 4 of those older models that they copied the design and never had a problem connecting.

I only installed the firmware that came on it so far. it’s blinking red non-stop and when I do the foc test it says it has a fault “sensor detection failed” (but the motor has no sensors) and won’t spin but when I go to “terminal” and then “print faults” it says “no faults registered since startup”
What can I do?

I turned off phase filtering before doing anything and the voltage settings aren’t too high

I have a couple flipsky75100 doing this.

Also u know if other 75100 escs can do higher voltage? I’m doing 87v

I have this:
MakerX Go-FOC HI100 75V 120A Base on VESC100250

And this:

1 Like

Was it like this out of the box?

Are you powering it with at least 20v?

What bluetooth dongle are you using?

Any LED lights on?

You are on the stock 75_300_r2 firmware? What version?

Does it blink red right after you plug it in? Are you resetting defaults during motor detection? What motor type are you picking during the wizard?

I would reset all to defaults, turn off phase filters, write, run the motor wizard using the 2kg outrunner setting and say no to reset defaults. See if it spins up.

What does hw_status show in the console?

Thanks for ur help. At this point I got one of the 75100 going and followed flipskys YouTube vid and have fw: 5.3 and hw:75_300_R2

All is good (plan to upload ur firmware as I guess better for some reason? I forget)

My obstacle is I don’t know what throttle wires go where. I don’t see “VCC” pin on the Vesc and what they tell on flipsky’s site. It’s on the Vesc 6 in this which I was using before. Which pins go where on my three wire 2-way throttle?

If u think I should download ur firmware now… I’ll do that. I think the voltage readout was wrong or something? Wish me luck on 87v

3.3v.

1 Like

3.3 for which color? Thanks! Getting close.

I have no idea what color your wires are

3 Likes

Red black n white

Red - 3.3v
Black - gnd
White - adc1

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks. I’d be ages otherwise and likely blow it up.

2 Likes

Esc was buzzing but stopped

Ever see this? Never messed with it

And the motor cogs very badly and barely goes. It’s an 83100 motor and I think like 35kv

If you have any advice please tell.

(Don’t want to clog this thread w my problems and will erase it all unless u see it as worth leaving)

i click on the link at the top of the thread to download for the 75 100 v2 and takes me to a page with three options on that page or can “go to file” and it’s not there. So I downloaded the “Vesc_default no limits” to my computer and then tried to bootload in the “custom file” but it says too big to be firmware

What am I doing wrong?

just ran the motor no problem with another vesc, then i come back to this 75100 and now it fails the foc test saying it cant measure the resistance and inductance. before it posted the strange message stating to adjust stuff in the advanced section that i posted a pic of above
any ideas?

also finding the 75100 is erasing all the settings i write

Yeah I took it out of the box, put it on a lab power supply so I tried all kinds of voltages up to 72v.
I’m using a Bluetooth module from flipsky themselves. The USB connection should still work though right? And yeah there’s a blue LED showing it’s on.