How to make an XT90 Loop Key

I think I remember an STL of a holder for AS150 connectors, so they stay in the board and you just slide it over to make or break the connection

1 Like

you have a lead on that STL? sounds like exactly the power switch/contactor I’m looking for!

Sounds like something @glyphiks did

1 Like

@glyphiks designed one like this. I hear he takes payments in gen-z memes, directly to his inbox. He prefers that each meme comes in it’s own separate PM thread.

I think the going rate is 14 memes = .stl file

4 Likes

I would love to take credit for that design, but that was one of the only things left for us from our old mate @deckoz

8 Likes

Anyone reading this thread, if you haven’t seen this, see it:

4 Likes

One day i will get around to designing the captured version of this. One day… once manually unplugging both my xt90s get old enough

2 Likes

I did this but pushed out the contacts with my soldering gun just to be sure.

1 Like

This is really nice, I love it.

The only issue I see is the tiny lip which won’t allow it to insert fully into the male side. Any way to get rid of the lip and shorten it a tiny bit?

5 Likes

That’s a solid point! I’ll take a look and see.

1 Like

Looks good besides that small lip problem. I’m going to need to make one for QS8

1 Like

This actually might be a feature not a bug, since the XT90E-M panel mount connector that he’s using is not deep enough for the XT90S-F connector to fully insert anyway. There’s always a little gap, so this printed part might just fill that gap nicely without changing how the two pieces interact.

4 Likes

Interesting.

I wouldn’t want to use that on an XT90 male though.

1 Like

This my take on a loop key. I wanted one without a string and one which my fingers could grab a little better than the others I have tried.

Designed so the short of the two pins doesn’t extend beyond the pins.

Glue xt90 female in the the holder. If the short is level with the pins you should get a small lip before the holder begins.

I have put a piece of braid between the two pins and filled with solder.

8 Likes

XT90 loop key made with an 80amp strip fuse and usb memory stick cover

3 Likes

Yes, any copper conductor that’s large enough should be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will the insides of one 10 awg wire be enough? I have some scrap pieces of 10 awg from phase wires removed off a VESC I bought that would work very well for it.

I may also add some more copper on top of that so I can have enough material left over if I file it down to a nicer shape. I want to try and make it as compact as possible since I’ll likely coat it in epoxy for insulation.

Absolutely

1 Like

:sob:

I thought I’d get to skip the whole cutting into abs and filing it to barely fit step but then I realized I can’t buy it.

1 Like