How to fix/upgrade your Riptide r1/Diyeboard kit/pre build

Hobbywing esc is not a vesc. It has to be configured for 6s. Some of them have jumpers on the pcb that you can change to suit the voltage but that particular one I’m not sure. Ask the tech support but I’m guessing no. Best off with a basic 4.12 vesc where you can set the voltage in the parameters. Very cheap too. Last time I ran 6s on an esk8 it was with 280kv motors and a hobbywing car esc but you really don’t want to go back in time for what equates to an inferior ride experience.

2 Likes

I have 0 experience with a VESC. How would I know it would work? What do I need to know?

Read…this forum doesn’t lack information about every single vesc available to you

1 Like

So “google it”?

Thanks, your input has been extremely helpful.

1 Like

The forum gods have already spoken. Any vesc would work. Emphasize on the v in vesc. The v stands for Vedder. So during your searches, if the v isn’t there, it has to be specifically made for 6s. If the v (or the phrase “based on vesc”) is in the title, then you can configure every small detail to make it work with your needs. There are multiple options.
Trampa vesc
Vanda vesc
Maker x
Flipsky
Focbox
Etc.
Use the search bar at the top of our forum and you will, I guarantee this, find info on every single one of these and more. Since there are so many variations and options that could work, we can’t specifically tell which to use as it comes down to user preferences. And were all different on this point. Hope you find and then come show off some DIY skills that you’ve been repressing inside of you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The point is not to humiliate you or indeed belittle your lack of knowledge but to point you in the right direction to learn what is going to be necessary information should you continue this odyssey. Yes you can put a vesc in the board but could you then program it safely with out it going poof? Doubt anyone who has just started could. Very easy to make basic mistakes and brick expensive components. Ask me how I know? The reading is part of this thing and if thats not what you’re in it for then a decent prebuilt is the answer. There is even information on a number of those here too. If you do decide to continue then welcome to the hotel California my friend.

1 Like

@Dareno Are you trying to say that I’m harsh?

1 Like

The written word can be very easy to misinterpret especially when written in Canadian :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Dareno Ce n’est pas de ma faute si le gars ne sait pas comment faire des simple recherches…je sais que, à part les français, absolument tout le monde ici va aller utiliser un traducteur pour voir ce que je dit. Ce qui est drôle, dans tout celà, c’est que je ne fais que rendre mon texte plus long pour aucune bonne raison autre que de m’imaginer les gens en train de lire mes inutilités au travers de ce traducteur :rofl:
Okay im off to bed :joy:

1 Like

Je n’ai aucune idée de ce que tu viens de dire

1 Like

Copy pasted from the translator? Unless theres a reason for having “é” accents on your keyboard?

1 Like

Busted. Damn you keyboard. My rudimentary school boy french definitely didn’t get half of what you wrote. I always have translator on hand so I can speak to @Andy87

Don’t tell him I said that.

1 Like

@Dareno Dont worry. If I were to write in “true” French Canadian words, even the French members here wouldn’t understand half of it (even using a translator) :rofl:

Hoo Roo

1 Like

Mate if I was to write in Aussie vernacular nobody would understand me either.
I’m going to the cave to finish my trampa.

2 Likes

Thanks for your honesty.

@Dareno Я не понимаю почему…

2 Likes

Потому что я член

1 Like

You and your google translator…the one and only :joy:

1 Like

Не правда я свободно говорю по русски

1 Like

отлично

2 Likes