How to fix/upgrade your Riptide r1/Diyeboard kit/pre build

Better charge that shit, cant have a dead table.

3 Likes

Where the heck did you manage to get enertion mounts lol I need one to match

2 Likes

I found them used on here.
But i know there are clones out there.
Gotta find the link.

2 Likes

Took it for a ride.
No loctite lol
Just a test.
At first i laughed how slow it was. Then i realized i was in easy mode. Flipped it to full power.
Little better. Then realized battery was at 50% … ballz.
Guess tomorrow it is.
Think i want 90mm wheels tho. Or slightly smaller motor pulleys. Or both.

6 Likes

I’ve also got a meepo 10s2p battery.
I wanna toss it in but this board is primarily gonna be used by my lady to get to work.
And she’s gotta ride on this riverside park bike path. Lots of pedestrians and they have rules about electric stuff on the path.
Seems like as long as you keep it slow they’ll leave you alone.
So leavening the 6s3p for slightly more range in there for the moment.

3 Likes

This is a tough question.

There was one answer in here

1 Like

I added the links to the enertion style clones @ShutterShock . Hopefully one will work for you

1 Like

Oh lol I hadn’t done any looking yet I just knew enertion wasn’t selling them anymore thx :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah so i was gonna test ride tonight.
Was putting loctite on motors pulleys this morning and broke my only 1.5 Allen wrench.
So i gotta deal with that. Probably won’t happen today. Got other things to deal with today. Oh well…:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

So i road around on the Skateshread deck…
Just didn’t like something about it.
Put it back on original deck.
The Skateshread deck is now on normal caliber trucks, and venom mags. Feels much better.

Also added a tail light and im playing with some adjustable baseplates from Bowerysurf.com / @mikenyc
Feel like these baseplates are worth more than the rest of the build lol
I’ll probably remove them when i have parts for a more powerful build.
This thing isn’t going over 20mph

3 Likes

Old thread and newb question, what is a solid not expensive ESC/VESC to upgrade this board with?

1 Like

Torqueboards maybe?

1 Like

Sorry i missed this.
Im unsure what vesc / esc are reliable at 6s.
I was gonna try the maytech dual 100a esc.

I bet @longhairedboy @mmaner or @Dareno would know.
Feel like i remember someone saying some vescs/ escs like 10s and up more than 8s and below.

1 Like

At 6s any VESC will do the job. Just keep an eye on the battery amps and heat.

4 Likes

Even with the 270kv motors?

Yeah, only with 270kv and 6s. Any higher voltage you risk ERPM issues with the6s motors. You’d needed a quality VESC to go any higher and 8s is not gonna be great anyways.

1 Like

I’m super new to VESC’s. Do you have any names or links I can do research on? Trying to gauge if it’s even worth investing in. The rest of the riptide build isn’t really known to be high quality in the first place.

Would something like the hobbywing ESC for the ownboard w2 be compatible? I really don’t know what to look for.

I don’t know much about the board your working with, so I really don’t wanna offer advice other than theoretical.

1 Like

Hobbywing esc is not a vesc. It has to be configured for 6s. Some of them have jumpers on the pcb that you can change to suit the voltage but that particular one I’m not sure. Ask the tech support but I’m guessing no. Best off with a basic 4.12 vesc where you can set the voltage in the parameters. Very cheap too. Last time I ran 6s on an esk8 it was with 280kv motors and a hobbywing car esc but you really don’t want to go back in time for what equates to an inferior ride experience.

2 Likes