How to attach hardware, electronics, connections to enclosure?

Quality adhesive hook and loop - preferred for larger items like BMS, ESC if not bolting down w/heatsink

Dual lock/Mushroom tape 250 - preferred for smaller things like remote receiver, Bluetooth modules

Light duty adhesive hook & loop - preferred for battery packs. Enough to keep the pack in place, but easy enough to pull apart you aren’t straining/using unnecessary force on the pack to do so. Either of these work

This is essentially bulk 3m VHB - the thickness is perfect for padding against ESK8 vibration. Preferred to the very thin stuff imo. I’m not a fan of tape for securing ESK8, but if I did/the few times I do, this is my choice.

I often run a very tiny bead of superglue along the edges of the Velcro I put on to resist peeling.

3 Likes

Don’t worry then, the DV6 has a huge heatsink on it anyway. some people cut out a hole in their enclosure so that the air can cool it down even more.

1 Like

I like this too. I use a line layer of adhesive backed EVA foam over the entire inside and flange.

One thing that i would like to achieve is some decent 3d modelling skills so that i could design a harness for all the other components.

This would involve carefully plotting out the entire guts and then designing a single/multiple pieces to 3d print that would be permanently glued in and would allow me to either clip components in or at least be able to bolt/screw them down.

Not a fan at all of gluing components in. Done it too many times and it fucking sucks for maintenance.

1 Like

I’ve fantasized about doing this, then tried it and its a massive pain for a one-off.

If I was making multiple of the same build like LBH does, I’d definitely consider it.

1 Like

Yep i feel that. If we had a little repo of commonly used parts and cases it would be awesome for stuff like this.

2 Likes

Yeah, didnt you design a cool angled mount for a smart bms?

2 Likes

Yeah but its pretty crude and still involves gluing the bms to the angle mount :rofl: i should have utilised the bolt holes in the bmsto allow it to bolt down

2 Likes

Or a zip tie lol

2 Likes

we have a CAD repo wiki but you seem to want one thread for just printable parts for assembling ESK8.

1 Like

Sub-categorize everything.

3 Likes