How to: Ackmaniac ESC Tool

@kook I belive it’s supposed to go to the 5v so no problem there. I would say to make sure the other wires Are in the correct order it appears your TX isn’t even connected here’s the correct wire orientation-

5V on Vesc to VCC on Module. GND on Vesc to GND on Module. RX on Vesc to TX on Module. TX on Vesc to RX on Module ( yes the TX and RX get swamped)

1 Like

Thanks!

The cable came with the module from BKBs
Its a 7 pin cable
From bottom to top
5v NC GND NC RX TX NC
and yeah the TX is connected it’s just the angle of the picture.

1 Like

Should there be LEDs that light up when powered? Transmitting? Receiving?
I only get a short flicker from a red LED when the board is powered OFF or ON
Nothing during normal operation.

2 Likes

I don’t remember off hand. It’s been awhile since the last time used one of these modules. But I think I had the same flicker but no light during operation.

Is your module in the slave or master vesc?

TX and RX look flipped on your photo vs focbox. you might need to swap tx and rx.

2 Likes

Master ESC 0
weird, on the n00b question thread @flasher posted up a similar issue and his module has a bright blue LED on it!

1 Like

w0w… how weird!
I guess I’ll look into if it’s the cable!

Thanks

2 Likes

Like I said before, check the wires from the module down to the vesc that there all connected in the orientation I listed above. It could be the maytech vesc has a different uart pinout then other vescs like @deucesdown said.

1 Like

I just pulled the cable and module. The wiring is correct as far as I can tell
5v GND RX and TX all connected correctly and RX to TX and TX to RX as it should be

:eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe read this over there could be something I’m not thinking of that’s listed here-

1 Like

Wait why are you inverting tx and rx??
Mine works perfectly right now with rx to rx and tx to tx

2 Likes

The way UART works is an RX must go to a TX and TX to and RX

one signal must come from a transmitter and it goes to a receiver
When telemetry is coming from the ESC it (transmits the signal) TX that signal to the bluetooth, the module (receives the signal) RX.

The opposite occurs when the bluetooth module TX something to the RX of the ESC

1 Like

@kook Yeah I probably skipped that part…well my bluetooth works as you can see in the pics and I plugged without inverting and even changed a few settings

1 Like

@Ackmaniac

Connect it this way?
VESC 5v - VCC Module
VESC GND - GND Module
VESC RX - TX Module
VESC TX - RX Module

And you need to set a baudrate of 9600 for UART in BLDC-Tool.

If you have an HM-10 module, the screen print on the back doesn’t say RX and TX it shows “to TX and from RX” so if you connected it that way you’re all good.

2 Likes

Still weird… have you tried my way?
You made me doubt my wiring and get out of bed to go check :joy:

2 Likes

In general TX should go into RX and vice versa because one device is transmitting on the line and other side is receiving that signal but nothing to say people can’t label things wrong (perhaps they figure this is easier for average Joe)

2 Likes

Can someone give me a hand?

I’m currently running, ESC Firmware Version 3.103 and @pookybear has suggested that he had bluetooth issues on that release, I’ve looked and looked and can’t find the file for firmware Version 3.102

I assume that I have to download that file from ACK’s github repository, but for the life of me I cannot locate the correct file.

Can someone please give me a brief walk thru to upload a prior firmware revision.

TIA

1 Like

I used a mere in 3.103 this weekend with no issues.

Here’s 3.102 if you want it…

2 Likes

Thank You Very much…

I’ll try this and see if it helps my bluetooth issues!

EDIT:
3.1.02 flashed didn’t help the bluetooth issues. I think this thing is DOA

2 Likes