How switch from foc to bldc thru vesc app?

I should post this in noob section but can’t find it.
How do you switch from from FOC to BLDC mode using the Vesc app using Android? I’m able to configure BLDC thru PC only. Am I missing something? for the life of me can’t figure it out! Any help! I’m grateful :grin:

1 Like

You have to go to the mode tab and switch it manually.

Sometimes I had to do BLDC detection separately

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thank you! I have no success doing that on configuration tab switching from FOC to BLDC after switching only one motor would spin. How you do it separate bldc detection? I can only do it primary vesc but not the slave?

I think the wizard is set to FOC by default. Si you can go this way. Else you might need to activate forward true can while setting up (add to do in on maker X but not on my other vesc)

2 Likes

Thanks! Never did try that route. I though this was easy :disappointed: I don’t believe its noob questions :sweat_smile: more complicated than I expected. I don’t like opening case accessing the vesc to be connected to PC easy to configure but annoying…

Unfortunately you have to do them separately, plug into each side and change to BLDC mode. Make sure you save the settings before unplugging, there should be a noticable difference in sound

You talking connecting vesc to PC? Implementing thru PC it’s easy. I’m having problems how to transition from foc to BLDC thru vesc app. Everytime, I switched from FOC to BLDC only one motor will spin switched back to foc both motor spin. I’m testing some settings foc to bldc and bldc to foc. It’s annoying to open the case connect the vesc to PC setting up bldc mode. Foc mode is easy wireless connection. I try red the vesc manual how to? Can’t find a answers

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think you can as far as I know but I don’t use the VESC app, PC is just more reliable for me

You might be able to switch the active device from local to CAN, but I haven’t used the app so I’m not sure. Since the default setup is just FOC it might not let you set it up in BLDC from the app

1 Like

@ShutterShock I’m helping you out there.

Tap Scan Can-Bus and then Activate. And then you’re on the slave.

It takes more time with the app :joy:

3 Likes

Oh there you go, thanks haha I just never use the app so idk

1 Like

Sorry to derail here but does anyone know why or could explain why the unity doesn’t let me use bldc? On FW 5.01

Thank you!

1 Like

Why do you want to switch to bldc?

If I’m on street run foc mode. Off-road I want bldc I want that torque and kick

1 Like

I have more problems with bldc offroad than foc :joy: (you might have different components)
Don’t forget to switch motor directions

2 Likes

What sort of problems? I like foc on street smooth startup

cogging and starting on a hill. But it’s your beer try it out
@fessyfoo mine is punchy :joy:

1 Like

In my experience bad sensors connection. I have @dickyho cheap 6374 sensor died early and tons body damage😂

1 Like

:confused:

:skateboard: :doughnut: :dash:

1 Like