How fast can it go???????

Invariably, I am thrust into the ambassador mode, and asked, how fast can it go? And not wanting to sound like a goos, you say 40 for instance. Now there are some here, that this number matters in bragging rights and in actual practice. Before I had ever ridden a powerful board, I thought that thirty would be about standard.

Confession time, I rarely go over twenty five, and then rarely. And only for the rollout. YEs, my DKP trucks were sketchy but I had pneumies to smooth it all out. But falling at thirty is possibly a life altering event.
This doesnt even start to talk about the overkill battery cap. The vesc overkill. All the other design decisions that are required.

I went to Boardnamics, and got a new truck setup, dumping my flipsky DKP trucks. Ordered it up, and paid. Then I started thinking, a nice reliable and most importantly, EFFICIENT gear drive would be grand. Wanted to go Boardnamics, and low and behold, his gear drive fits his trucks. Perfect so far. Oops, it will accomodate the extinct bermeisters, and some other inferior wheel, and recently, he made them compatible with trampa and mbs. And so, I looked at the bolt pattern that is used on my meepo cyclone wheels. Miracles never cease, after hounding boardnamics about making my wheels fit, The pattern on the meepo cyclone and the hurricane tubeless wheels, are IDENTICAL to mbs. And in fact, they will adapt identically. So I told them to kill the motor plate order, and put that towards the gear set.

But wait, he only has 4.6 and 5.2 ready. And my new wheels have 6.5 instead of 7 inch size. So I had a serious talk with myself.
Here is what I came up with. I ordered 4.6 which will increase my motor rpms at any speed. Far from being a bad thing, like it is in a car, with lower ratio, you get: Better efficiency[longer range], less heat for all components. Longer service life. More performance with less overkill specs. and last but not least, massive increase of torque. The only penalty is that instead of 35, I can only muster 30 maybe 28 mph. Also, dont forget to factor in that less racy spec means lighter. All of these things are very good.

But, you are not going to wow anyone with your admission that it may only go 28 mph. OMG, they are going to confiscate my mancard. Women will snicker.

Call me macho fluid, cuz I am ready for huge rollout, great throttle and brakes, better range, much more responsive and just all around more fun and sporty.

I am going to holler this loud and proud. I can only go 28 and thats fine. I wish someone had told me this when I was designing my first board ever. This ratio will much better fit my modest specs electrically. And be a lot lighter than a 45mph board.

The real moral of the story is, Boardnamics fits meepo cyclone and hurricane wheels, so you can go metal gear drive and have the sexy tubeless flat wheels. Just order the MBS flavor.

I will sell my previous setup, to include, wheels, eovan, flipsky 15 inch trucks with riptide bushings, motor plates and it is all set up, which required machining to fit. Plus I overordered, and have a 12 inch flipsky truck in the box. This came out to 130 for the short trucks. 180 for 15 inch trucks, 65 for riptides, 250 for eovan wheels, plus four new belts. How much should I ask on ebay? It is plug and play.

2 Likes

I’m so confused

9 Likes

Only push speed for your own thrills. Bragging rights will just get you hurt.

5 Likes

Depends if someone is already driving there. In that case its better to go bragging lefts.

1 Like

lefties rarely brag.

1 Like

Tell that to the audi/bmw drivers in my ass on the highway all the time.

yes we know your kidney grill is big, its also fake same for your exhausts.

No i cant go faster on the left lane right now, there is a gramma in front of me, stop flashing those lights and actually look 200m ahead of you.

1 Like

Y’all need to put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard :melting_face:

3 Likes

as a lefty

i don’t concur with this statement

1 Like

actually no, 5.2 will see the motor spin more per any given speed compared to 4.6

you also got it backwards
the uguther ratio is, the more efficient it might be (there’s a lot of factors)
5.5:1 will have more torque than 4.6 per a given output

2 Likes

Could be meth. Broaden your thinking.

3 Likes

In australia crack IS meth

3 Likes

Man everything’s upside down there, even the drugs.

+1
Usually, people just get annoyed that I’m hitting their elbow at a table.

1 Like

Im proud to state that i can use a computer mouse with both hands. Im practically einstein now. On meth, or crack. Really start having to train on my left handed ciggies now.

1 Like

Right, but my ratio till now was 4.0. 4.0 is standard from the factory on most wheel pulleys.

you see, without this context, nothing you said in the original post made sense

always have context

1 Like