How do I made a 10s4p battery?

Recently I just ordered some 18650 cells and im looking to make a 10s4p battery. I’m trying to follow this guy’s tutorial (How to Build a DIY 10s4p 21700 Electric Skateboard Battery (Tutorial) - YouTube) but I don’t know how he has his cell groups layed out. Like where the positives and negatives are facing. Can anyone help me by providing a schematic for a 10s4p battery with bms balance wires connected? I’m limited to an enclosure that’s 19 1/9"L x 5 3/4"W x 1 1/2"H and would preferably like them in the way the guy did I his video.

oh ryan’s video, he’s a weirdo but the video is good

2 Likes

Heya it’s me!

Thanks Evan lmao

I told him in my comment chain earlier I might be able to find one (a schematic) but to come here, looks like he has done so

Honestly a 20 second paint drawing would do it, but I know some people have better ones on here

This isn’t 10s but it’s a pretty good diagram - old thread

This is a discharge wired BMS though

4 Likes

5 Likes

This has quickly become a useful thread and I have screenshotted everything thanks guys.

1 Like

A very good video indeed! I’m just an idiot lol that’s all

2 Likes

Same. Welcome to the club

3 Likes

Your work is great btw, you made a very beautiful battery!

1 Like

His video made me not scared to make batteries. Still haven’t had to, but still.

1 Like

If you’re careful, have the right equipment, and do a bit of research before making your own battery you’d do just fine! That’s how I made my first 10s2p battery and I didn’t blow anything up lol

Ohhhhh I see, it kinda looks like the same way a 10s2p battery would be made but instead of the positive and negatives being directly across from each other they are just on top of each other? I have a very weird way of viewing things lol but am i understanding that correctly? Just having the opposite poles of the packs of the 4 batteries that are welded in parallel connections soldered together in a series connection aka positive to negative?

it should be the exact same as a 10s2p, but with double the cells in each P group if I’m understanding this

1 Like

I get it now! Wow you guys a awesome I really appreciate the help!!!

4 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it. I am very proud of that one as well.