Hobbywing ESC interface

Hi, all i have a board that uses a Hobbywing ESC and i have ran into the problem, I broke my motors and i Contacted the company i bought my board from but it will take 30 to 35 days, so i thought i might get extra spare motors but i cant just buy any motor because my hobby wing ESC has a like 9 pin interface and i cannot for the life of me find where to find motors that are compatible with this interface and i do not know where to buy these motors, Except from the place i bought the board from but i dont want to wait a month, so i was hoping someone could help me find a motor that has a male 9 pin connecter so i can have some spare motors.
I have found some motors that have 9 pin interfaces from LYCAON TRX 3.0 but i am not sure of it working even thought the ESC has a self learning feature.

Thanks in advance!

Are you looking for a solution that avoids soldering? Either way, it would be helpful to post a photo of the connector you are trying to connect to.

2 Likes

yes i am avoiding it because i dont know how to and i am pretty new to esk8.

anyway sorry for not including a picture, this isnt mine but it is the same its of the companies webpage

1 Like

The three larger wires are the phase wires. Blue yellow green. The 6 small wires are the sensor wires: red positive, blue yellow green hall sensors, white temperature sensor, black negative.

Any bldc motor with sensors should work you just have to either change the connector on the motor you buy or change the connector on the esc to match. This will require some easy soldering or a crimp tool for jst connectors - you can just cannibalize your dead motor’s connectors and solder the wires if you are looking for cheap&fast solution.

Do you have a motor pinyon gear already or can you salvage the old one? What are the motor measurements (6375 or some 4 digit number code). Have you looked at a nice cheap flipsky motor? On their site or on Amazon?

3 Likes

Those escs are programmed for those specific motors. Chances are aftermarket motors won’t work.

5 Likes

I think you are somewhat right because i did some asking around and it seems only hobbywing motors have a 9 pin connector, but they did tell me other motors are compatible but it needs a hall wire.

which brand and model was it? These are DXW6368 motors and it’s an extremely popular choice amongst prebuilt brands, we just need to know the KV and then find one with the 9pin connector.