Hobbywing ESC App

Hi, I saw a YouTube video with Fabi talking about Hobbywing ESC and he said he can change the performances with the App, does anyone know something about it?

I’ve heard rumblings about an app but not seen anything yet

The HobbyWing ESCS in Exway boards have a dedicated app, but have not seen one directly from Hobbywing.

1 Like

This one

3 Likes

can you send a link to where you see this

1 Like

this, but it isn’t available for the public
http://www.hobbywing.com/goods.php?id=641&filter_attr=0

also it requires a port on the esc that most oem will remove after programming it, i’ve seen the software in person (close to 3 years ago), but i don’t think it has any english on it :joy:

3 Likes

i guess could be half decent if they left it on
a small hub motor build with one of these and if its mildly programable then it could be cool

1 Like

i think some oem do, but i can’t remember which brand

u still need the program to be able to change anything, and even if u can, i doubt there will be any huge improvement over swapping out for a…let say dv4

1 Like

i personally found these esc pretty bulletproof. @xsynatic noticed extra speed with them over vescs
they arent that bad and def if they were programable i would see why people would want for like £50 or whatever they are

def need that

2 Likes

The exway app and the remote is the best in the business. Once the exway Atlas upgrade kits become available, I am going to buy the ESC.

40a at 12s = 2000w. Very good power for someone like me. 65 kg crusing at 18-22mph. That fucking exway remote is just lush, I tell you.

3 Likes

they really are

not hobbywing, lingyi showed it.

3 Likes

had a meepo which the esc got soaked and it didnt have any issues after being left to dry for a couple hours
they are really good for that price

1 Like

i don’t think anyone got to the bottom of this, since it shouldn’t happen (it was a lingyi esc, but statement still stand for itself)

that’s because exway is owned by hobbywing, they get the latest tested features on the esc 1 generation before any other oem can get their hands on

2 Likes

Yep. Hard to beat a vertically integrated company. They literally produce everything themselves bar the battery cells.

2 Likes

exway tried so hard to use no name battery in the past, mainly lipos, but since the standard skyrocketed, and everyone wanted those big brand cells marketed, that’s how they end up with murata vtc6 cells in the flex and 40t in the wave :joy:

Did someone get the app for the hobbywing esc?