Hobbysky & cheaper motor brands

Ordering a set of custom hobbysky motors I found on amazon for science! Plan to update my findings on this thread.

I’m starting off with a set of 6384 230kv sensorless motors with 8mm shaft. If they do ok, I’ll buy another set. Probably something smaller like 50xx in the 180-200kv range.

The price of $87 each and free dhl if you buy two motors seems like a sweet deal. Especially if I battle harden them. We’ll see though.

Anyone know of any other cheap motor brands that are “reliable”?

2 Likes

The keda 6364 190kv is a good budget motor. Around $50 from hobby king iirc.

1 Like

I’ve heard the Hobbyking blue esk8 motors aren’t bad

3 Likes

Kv seems a little high though. I’m running 12s on flipsky 6.6 plus.

these?? 149KV :thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

Ah, those looks nice.

1 Like

they look REALLY nice…Too bad I just bought maytechs and don’t need (need: subjective) anymore more motors :joy::joy:

1 Like

I have the 130kv hobbyking esk8’s for my MTB used them for 100km now work like a charm and lots of torque!

2 Likes

Those are the ones :slight_smile:

@RedBaron technically 190kv does work on 12s it is just slightly more risky because of how close to 60kerpm it is

I have ran it for almost 3 years now and my focboxes have held up fine, even with the new sk3 type motors that I have. They hit 60310 on full charge.

1 Like

They are nicely sealed from dust and stuff too huh

2 Likes

tacon 160

The are fully sealed yes, but im not sure about how much dust still find it’s way in, I saw some post which showed quite some gunk inside of a sk8 motor. I guess ill find out when I open it up sometime in the future.

1 Like

@RedBaron Did you get these motors yet? Seem ok?

Il faut

Yes, I have 3 of them, great motors indeed…149 kv…they lack of strong punch of power (if you want crazy accelerations, wich I do)…