Highest power density ESC - 100V 200A (77mm x 52mm x 27mm)

That one is ridiculously expensive. They have much more affordable options.

14S 60V 200A ($189)

12S 50V 120A ($100)

With proper cooling, it might be a viable ESC for esk8. Am I missing anything? I guess you’d have to use a PPM remote?

5 Likes

Looking good :+1:t4: not sure how they manage the temperature at high amps with this layout, however curious to see one in function!

The pricing of the biggest unit tho

3 Likes

I guess the “hv pro” series has like a quad stack of PCB’s. One for each motor phase, and one control PCB. They would have to be able to pass heat from the center most FET’s, outwards. If I had money to burn I’d be all over these. I’m curious how the F series would perform with a fat heatsink- especially that $99 one. I’d just add big caps to it.

1 Like

They run trapezoidal control.

It boggles me that they went through all the effort to run a fast-decay with zero current commutation and didn’t implement FOC.

Because in order to get that right you need to do a bunch of phase angle calculations.

Since these are designed for propeller applications, the regenerative braking might get hairy.

5 Likes

From the site:

Continuous rating is defined as max sustained current at 100% throttle for 60 seconds with 33 m/s airflow.

So the answer is a ton of airflow, much faster than what we would go at.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s without a heatsink.

Yeah, but it makes sense in an aircraft

Yes.

These have been up for discussion before.

Think they were even more prohibetly expensive in the past.

They do use 8 layer PCBs, which is a cost increase but not by alot.
Not sure if I agree mounting the Fets belly to belly, will gimp thermal performance alot. will yeild smaller formfactor tho.

2 Likes