HI100L 75V 100A ESC Based on VESC 75300

@yongitech please move this thread to https://forum.esk8.news/c/vendor-corner

Paging @longhairedboy cleanup on isle DIY Builds

2 Likes

I don’t have permission to change it

2 Likes

Call me lazy but I 100% disagree. I rather glue down some JST

2 Likes

I considered this at one point; don’t really have the space to dedicate for something like that unless there was a major demand for it.

Would be nice to get data points from several riders, weights and boards to help program in a simulated load to the resistance/dyno motor maybe to perhaps provide some more closer “real world” results. That way each ESC could be tested with through a gamut of simulated scenarios (thane, pneumatic, grade, hot weather, cold weather). In a perfect world this would be nice, but really those “data points” would need to be highly controlled (same ESC, same tires/wheels, same settings, etc) otherwise there’d have to be a margin of error to account for.

I’d be on the fence to consider this further if people had more ideas on how they’d want tests done in a synthetic perspective. I’m definitely not as skilled a rider as most here, but I could probably handle doing some standardized testing on a bench. @linsus if you had any other ideas aside from mine expressed above, as well as the FOC open Loop tests, I’d be interested to hear them. Hit me up in DM’s if you’d like to chat about it without blowing this thread up with another off topic discussion (like the Trampa injection in the other Yongitech thread).

To be clear for any passer by: I am currently Not planning on building a controller dyno… not yet anyways, if I can get a system together that doesn’t take a huge amount of space, its definitely on the table as an option since id love to give back to the community in some way.

hi,Thank you for your great support.

[Link redacted for safety reasons]

2 Likes

After all the debating, you still fail to build your own product identity.

You call all your products xyz…based on VESC.
The TM policies clearly state to avoid using the TM as or in a product name or titel.
I would advise you to build your own brand and use that brand in trade instead of trying to use the project identity for your commercial offer.
We gave you two examples how to hande things.
If a OS project is greatfull enough to offer source code and schematics, it is not an invitation to use the project identity. This kind of behaviour does harm, since it puts other projects off from sharing things. They see bad examples and think to themselves why they should take the risk to allow such things to happen. In the Open Source world you should stick to a higher ethos.

If you make 3D printers and make use of Prusa code, don’t call them xyz printer based on Prusa.
At one stage companies offering OS code might think of cutting back their generosity. And that’s something you want to avoid, since it’s not in your favour. Some commercial offers in the OS world already hide crusial code base…

In fact, I’m also helping you promote VESC.
Let more people know about this project.

2 Likes

If my board doesn’t meet the customer’s needs, I will advise them to buy yours.

You can do that by describing that your product is compatible with the VESC software. Do that in the product discretion, not in the title!
At this stage you are not helping at all! Benjamin put thousands of hours into the software and project.
He doesn’t do that to make tech available instantly and free of charge! He does that to share knowledge, so that we can all profit from another’s ideas and build a better world, and so that code can be looked at and cross checked and can be understood. We simply want to avoid black boxes of code.
The idea is to shine light on the tech we create and use. That is the core of the idea to share.
Some of your offers contradict Benjamin’s ethos diametrically. For example your 60 USD VESC-Tool offer on Taobao. You should not commercially offer his codebase under his brand and you should not hide the source code.
Take the source code offer as a gift, but with the obligation to also share your code additions and changes.
That is what the GPL demands.

Outcome of such behaviours:
Other OS developer will think twice what to Open Source in future. And it’s not in your favour if they decide against sharing knowledge.
When Benjamin and I wrote up the TM policies, we deeply thought about what to allow and what not. Please respect that in your own interest and in the interest of the community! Open source projects can share knowledge and code base but they can’t share their identity. It just gets messy.
Start to create your own identity in trade and use that in future.

If you are offering VESC-software and VESC hardware and run a Benjamin developer group, you come across as being the project yourself and that is anything but helpful and respectful.

1 Like

Can this be moved to a private chat or something so that we can keep on the topic of the product itself rather than how it is branded/marketed. I doubt anyone else particuarly cares about this…

10 Likes

Well, I would say no. This is an issue and it’s ok when debated, since its relevant to the community.
It wouldn’t be a problem when the offer would be following the TM policies and the entire thread would be clean and not cluttered.

4 Likes

You should care BTW. Because you profit from the source code. Your board drives so nicely because someone puts a lot of effort into code base.

4 Likes

We’ve seen this hundreds of times before in both the new and the old forum. It’s like you have a script and just copy and paste. I agree with what you are saying.

I just don’t agree with it here when the topic is about the hardware.

1 Like

When the HW and software is sold using someone elses identity, then don’t expect a smooth discussion. If I would use your identity, you would also speak up.

I care about this.

You should too, as it benefits you…

If I was Benjamin and the law wasn’t being followed, I would just make it closed-source next time so everyone has to use his stuff. The alternative is a law-abiding world where we can all share immensely helpful things for all of us, with only the obligation to also share… for free…

10 Likes

I literally said that I agreed with you on the point you’re making. I just don’t like derailing a thread for its sake when you can get into contact with them and sort it out over private messages. They literally might not even understand what you are saying or what they’ve done wrong let alone why its wrong. Not everyone in the world is an ass, you don’t need to be one too.

Now that we are done derailing can we get back to the topic?

1 Like

Just saying, didn’t LHB split this thread into two threads specifically because of the derailing going on. I agree about the trademark issues, identity and concerns that stem from it… But:

1 Like

I think it is totally relevant and people selling their stuff on this forum have to behave like legit sellers. Private messages sent can be easily dismissed. Putting things in public puts pressure.

2 Likes

1 Like