Hi guys! I'm kai. This thread is about my various builds.

G bomb brackets. Expensive but cool.

Pretty big change of plans today, guys, as I just copped the last candy purple threesixdownhill mini deck.

9 Likes

Oooh, pretty. That looks less like a change of plans and more like the start of your 2nd build though. :wink: Don’t worry about not having completed your first one yet. Just embrace the never ending collection of DIY boards you will eventually have.

5 Likes

Oh im not worried, I want to make this my career, and this route is still cheaper than college xD and while I call it my first build, its shape keeps changing and my lego parts box keeps growing. Which is perfect for me, I like tinkering with my boards more than riding them.

2 Likes

I like the deck you chose, I would however advise you to go to college though.

5 Likes

I just finished uni and will give the opposite advice :laughing: Depends on how much your industry demands a diploma though.

3 Likes

You guys aren’t American are you? I am. And over here, unless you’ve got rich family or scholarship, college is a massive and time consuming gamble. The degree doesn’t guarantee much, and costs you hundreds of thousands of dollars. On the other hand, im a banquet server. I work weddings and business meetings, with no degree, and last year, even with corona and being out of work for half the year, I cleared 80,000 dollars and change. Starting a business in America does not require a degree, only skills and money. Now, I dont like this system, and my best friend is in school for engineering, which is an excellent path. But as he has repeatedly told me, in 3 months of extensively researching and building these things, I’ve actually gotten far ahead of where he has in his 2 years of school. Bottom line? My current career supplies all my needs, as well as the spare resources to pursue my passions, until one becomes a career where I am my only boss. That said, nothing against the education system… outside of my country. X.x

5 Likes

America can suck a big weiner then :rofl: seriously though, i hear so much negative things about stuff over there, are you guys alright?

4 Likes

I’m wonderfully unconcerned with it all x)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ok. It barely steers, it is ENTIRELY too skinny, it is held together by zipties, and it needs a lot more programming, but I rode it around the block and I feel like a magic science wizard. I build an electric vehicle. Holy shit. Hahahahahhahaha

4 Likes

where is your helmet!!?? :eyes: :eyes: :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

I hear hospital bills are large in the US too. Wear a fucking helmet!

8 Likes

Now look guys. i know. I know… I dont go fast though, and im very experienced at falling lmao. I’ve come out of 35mph falls landing on the back of my head. Last year I got slapped by a car that was going 45 on foot, and I was fine. I know helmets are important. I’ve got a full face on the way from New orders. But if im not going at least 30mph, i don’t feel even a bit worried without it. I’ve been skating about 18 years, a lot of tearing down parking garages wobbling the entire way. Im perfectly comfortable bailing and rolling out at 25mph, confident that i will at most be a little scratched up. I also have a lot of martial arts training, a huuuuuuge amount of which is breakfall techniques. Now don’t get me wrong, im not saying dont wear a helmet, but its equally important knowing your limits and knowing how to fall and riding to your environment, which I’ve noticed a lot of the esk8 community doesn’t acknowledge. Even in full gear, i feel happier and safer knowing how to hold my body if its gotta fly down the street for a second.

1 Like

The big difference with esk8 is that the skateboard isn’t an extension of your body – it’s an electrical machine that can decide to suddenly brake, full throttle, or anything else when you least expect it. Especially on a newly built board.

Even if you’re gonna take it off off-camera, at least don’t normalize such behavior in film for the newcomers who might go through your thread for inspiration. I’m not your mom, but yeah, we are pretty strict about wearing a helmet on this forum.

13 Likes

Heard that, mind you, I rode about 20m maximum on that ride. Its not even assembled anymore. New d00ds. Listen to them. Buy a helmet. But also look into proper breakfall techniques. And then use both. Anyways guys look ive almost finished my esc enclosure!!

3 Likes

Black box is done! Lol.

5 Likes

Soooo i bought another deck. Lmfao. They both shipped at once. So tomorrow, because I am only as overpaid as I am overworked, imma change the name of this cuz I guess one build just isn’t enough.

3 Likes

Is it Eldoska deck ?

That’s great, nice work!