HGLRC-HGLTECH products

Some kind of evil genius in a spooky cave with a goofy sidekick

1 Like

you rang?

3 Likes

They make some of the ESCs for flipsky and remotes but not all . the 75/200s are made by FRC. hgrc have a service centre in the USA… and are behind the flipsky stuff on Amazon. Motors are made by another company with a very chinesium name.

1 Like

Is FRC not still making their motors?

Pretty sure Flipsky’s 75/100 and 200 are the same as maker-x and are made by yong(gang/itech). FRC is the only one I know of actually making a 75/300 (other than trampa, obv).

1 Like

motors are made in-house now.

2 Likes

@Schtekarsten what’s your favorite motor for 2020 performances-specs-price? :v:

1 Like

awd 6355 and awd 6374 will both make you shit your pants

1 Like

Dude im biased I did some work with flipsky on their motors. I did it for free though in exchange for a few test samples.
But yeah I like the new flipsky lineup of motors. The ones they state are battle hardened and have a square ish end.
Size depends on your use case and how hard you push your motors, heat is basically the factor you want to monitor.
On a street build 85mm caguamas in cold Sweden 6354 is more than enough. If I went for pneumatics on a street carver build I would probably go 6374 and for off-road 6384.
If you live in a dessert, ride like a madman and weights like a horse. Than you might need 4wd 6384 on urathane wheels.

But yeah I like the flipsky motors. They have a mechanical lock between the shaft and the motor can. The the magnets are glued in real good With a mold and a vacuum. The magnets themselves are really high quality, convex, and high temp. Should result in a slightly more even magnetic field lower sound and lower cogging.
They are pound for pound more powerful than any of the other popular motor brands out there. In practice and for me they run cooler than the TB style motors and and quite a lot cooler than the maytechs.
They are built like tanks, but also a fair bit heavier than the other motors out there.
For me maybe the most important thing is the springsteel washer between the circlip and the motor plate to get rid of the vibration you get form the slop between the stator and rotor.

Don’t get me wrong they are not perfect there have been an issue with the hallsensors on a handful of motors that they are currently working on and there have been the cosmetic issue with rust from the group buy.

But with the 1000+ motors they have sold that is about the extent of the complaints they have received and either told me about or something I have heard from other users.

5 Likes

I can’t find the battle hardened variety outside of flipsky.

2 Likes

dude,seems you know a lot about us,thanks for your attention and support

2 Likes

Flipsky adds a 12v buss. They make their own.

1 Like

HGLTECH 11.11 shopping festival will start in few hours. This is the biggest shopping days in China!

We offer 11% OFF for all item(DISCOUNT CODE: OFF11)!!
Also get FREE diving suit for purchase over $400! !

Come to add the product you need in the cart now!

2 Likes

HGLTECH Aliexpress store is launching, 10%OFF + FREE SHIPPING:

2 Likes

I appreciate all the improvements to the new designs but i still consider them far from decent

Maybe it’s just my bad luck, but this is the second set of motors from flipsky that have some problem straight out of the box or develop it within days. The low rpm sound is something recent (500km in or ~1 month) and the high rpm sound is there from new, it got a bit quieter with use
2 Likes

Interesting these are my early prototypes that I am still running, they sure have a more screamy pitch at higher rpm. Compared to other motors.

2 Likes

Not sure if it has anything to do with the hall sensors, up to what rpm do they sound like that? Check if it correlates with the sensored operation.
Mine are for sure higher pitched but overall less noisy compared to most other motors. Not sure if size of the motors makes a difference or not.
Unfortunately I don’t know the reason behind it, and I am far from a motor expert, I more or less just gave my 2 cents regarding motor design and they implemented the things liked liked about it. But the engineering came from them.
I told the flipsky team to look over the post. Hopefully they can sort you out.

1 Like

Yours sound way better. Hall sensors only go to 1500erpm (also they only work at 5v).
The low rpm noise is around 20% duty cycle on 12s. (I used 1.5A current control) it sounds like the shaft playing on a bearing inside which is plausible since they are terribly balanced.
The high rpm (70-80% duty) is physically grinding something and it was terrible at the beginning, literally 1 stroke moped sound, now it got better.
I really, really want nothing more to do with flipsky customer service

1 Like
1 Like

I understand! I just feel like the noice should be different if that is the case.
now listening at it again I can agree it sounds like something is oscillating.
As a last resort I would open up the motors and have a look.

1 Like

DIY kit:65111 Motor with propeller +120A ESC + remote controller

Sea Lion 120A ESC

Sea Lion 200A ESC

Get 10% OFF for New Arrival Item
Promo Code:OFF10