Herbie: My build thread/progress

Nah if you’re wiping out on dry roads maybe get some more practice before heading out on ice

1 Like

Cold is one thing; snow and ice is another thing

1 Like

Maybe wasn’t the best phrasing on my part. About half the time is a bit of an overstatement. But nonetheless it does happen, but usually it’s just on really…really awful roads. Like ones which need to be repaved haha

2 Likes

Completely understand! And yea but usually out here in the winter the two are simultaneous!

2 Likes

Well… definitely not why I wanted to return to the forums, but my 10s3p battery seems to be outputting 16 volts max on the voltameter when hooked up to VESC tool, anybody know what it should be outputting? Im pretty sure I remember around 30 something volts but I could be wrong, anyways could this be limited somewhere in the vesc settings or do you think its something wrong with the battery pack itself?

Lithium ion cells are 4.2V fully charged so your 10s pack should be ~42V fully charged.

I think your battery is :skull:

alright, thanks for the feedback, the builder is on the forum, I don’t believe it to be his fault in any way. Do you think its worth sending it back to him and seeing if he can salvage any of it or is buying a full new battery the only way to go?

Sorry dude, but if that pack is at 16v, that means the cells are at 1.6v and are not safe to bring back up to operating voltage.
Time to dispose of it at a recycling center unfortunately.
Please dont try and charge it, its a big fire hazard if you do.

what do you think could have caused it? Its been pretty well taken care of overall, haven’t left it out or off the charger too long IMO

Certain BMS’s/esc’s can have parasitic drain. Also other peripherals, especially buck converters can have plenty.
The flipsky antispark would be my first guess.
For longer storage times I tend to unplug any problematic electronics that can drain the pack.

1 Like

No. And I would choose a different battery builder next time.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s fair to blame the builder considering how old the battery is and the possibility of parasitic drain being the culprit after a long period of storage. It would be fair to say that the builder should have informed @KonnerFallos1 about the fact that he needed to monitor the battery while in storage to avoid this situation.

1 Like

Correct. But that battery builder has seen some recent drama over not delivering on paid goods and hasn’t been on the forum in over 6 months sooo

:game_die::game_die:

2 Likes

Oh shit… I didn’t know. That’s completely fair.

2 Likes

Who would you suggest for a decent turnaround time that is reputable right now?

Alao would the info above change at all since i had p26a cells? Im assuming the battery is dead regardless, but would the maximum output voltage be any different?

I’d say look at Duck, Skyart, Joey. Not sure if @ZachTetra is still building packs commercially.

Re the voltage for p26s, same rules apply. Below 2.5 volts and the cells are pretty much garbage.

2 Likes

Sadly not anymore, I don’t even have the time for my own batteries :sweat_smile:

I’m just here to fuck around and give bad (but free) advice

1 Like

Add @TheBoardGarage to that. Mario does exceptional work.

3 Likes

I can vouch for @Skyart, they do great work. Responds very quickly too.

2 Likes