Help with Trucks

Guys can you help me out with the trucks choice?
I need a pair of trucks that have a good fit on my deck, the issue is that I want to mount trucks that will easily let me switch classic 87/90mm wheels and bigger pneumatics for off-roading (just like evolve or wow go At).
I don’t really like double kingpins so I’m looking for classic reverse kingpins. I was looking for some haggyboard kahua trucks (34cm total truck width) and motor mounts but measurements shows that they seem too wide for my deck and I’m afraid not being able to turn well (see picture).
On the other hand I found Boardnamics BN220 trucks which are a little bit shorter (32cm total width) but I actually don’t know if they’ll be too narrow for pneumatics… (see picture)

Do you know other good options? Or which one should I buy?

what motor mounts are you using? or are you going to get them after you get the trucks?

2 Likes

No man I want to buy them with the trucks, I d like to get some reverse or adjustable motor mounts for 6365 motors

1 Like

I hope someone can chime in on their pneumatic setups, i haven’t got any experience with them.

That said, if the BN hangers/trucks are too narrow, you can shave down your deck a bit.

You could also maybe run softer bushings with wider trucks for sharper turns.

Personally I’d probably go with wider trucks and softer bushings if I find that I can’t carve as much as I’d like, since cutting down a deck is a pita, or you could top mount your trucks–though I don’t imagine you’ll want to

I wish I could be more helpful :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a fibretec deck?

Are you planning on mounting the trucks drop through or top mount? TB218 or BN220 should both work but you might get some wheel bite on the deck depending on the pneumatics used.

What size pneumatics are you planning to use? Bergmeisters and 6x2 work with 8mm axles but larger wheels usually have 10 or 12mm axles so you might have a hard time finding bearings that work.
Conversely if you go with 10mm axles your bearing choices for urethane wheels will be limited.

2 Likes

I have some torqueboard black 220mm CNC trucks that are not very used that I can give you for a good price :blush: can ship out today too.

2 Likes

They also come with the extended axles.

2 Likes

Probably softer bushings and wider trucks is the way to go, thanks a lot👍🏻

1 Like

Glad I can help!

I can also point you to some other wide trucks if you’re still looking at what your options are.

1 Like

Yes it is! I love it
I want to mount them drop trough and for the pneumatics I’d like to get something a bit bigger and more off-roading friendly than the bergmeisters which look like great pneumatics but for street use.

I’d love to hear other options

if that is the case I would start looking at rims and what size bearings they use

urethane wheels are usually 22mm OD and rims for 8" wheels have 28mm OD

regarding the trucks, the BN270 might also be a good fit

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer man but I wanna look around a bit more👍🏻

1 Like

Precious information, thanks man!

1 Like

I hope you’re in or near the US :laughing:

1 Like

Wow those MBS😍

Italy.:disappointed:

1 Like

Damnn my bad I didn’t know you were in Italy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey man getting more interested in your trucks… what’s the total width? 31cm?

1 Like

32.5 from end to end :blush:

1 Like

Looks like the perfect fit for my board… would you also sell me hardware and bushings?
Do you also sell the motor mounts?
Hook me up on messages

1 Like