Help with new build | Australia

I found a flipsky 6.6 on banggood for $170 heatsink + button which is $20 cheaper than without the button?, Ive got a single 6374 motor and tryna find a 10s2p, what do you reckon?

Freedom bux? It’s not that cheap, they go on sale for quite a bit less (if i recall correctly).

If you’re after something solid with better pedigree, a used OG single focbox is probably cheaper and a better bet.

My first build (still going well) is pretty much that. 10s lipo, single 6374, fs6.6 on caguamas.

@glyphiks builds cool shit, Melbourne I think, look at his stuff on here and also freesk8

1 Like

Thanks @rosco :call_me_hand:

I’m in Melbourne dude, where are you? We have quite a few good battery builders in Aus

Not that I’m endorsing Flipsky but Imperium Boards/@elitarcool stock them in Sydney. Oh, and GO-FOC DV6 on preorder

2 Likes

Oh, also this: (WIKI) Esk8 Resources in Australia (SERIOUS), albeit, a bit old but it’s a starting point.

The good thing about buying from Imperium is that you can have your warranty issues sorted in Australia.

3 Likes

I’d like to say @elitejarcool will literally go to your place to help you out but I think Northern Queensland is a bit further away than my place in Western Sydney. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, forgot about this. i just updated it a little bit

1 Like

AUD, imperium has the same for $190 they have a refurbed focbox for 200 but

townsville, qld

1 Like

Your best bet would be to talk to @TinnieSinker :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

thinking of going down the Lipo route as its my first build, found another thread recommend a few of these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-8000mah-3s1p-30c-lipo-pack-with-xt90.html?queryID=5bc38992541906a85637a55a1a47b47b&objectID=82625&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products with a charging board maybe

I’m using 2 x 5s LiPos on my current build with a wired harness for an on-board BMS (so that I don’t have to use a balance charger all the time). I haven’t powered it up yet though. I’m taking my time building it as I’m in no rush…this is a travel/more discreet board. I have a custom/modded tayto as my daily driver.

I’m hardly the first one to wire an on-board BMS with LiPos as there’s plenty of people who’ve done it already.

yeah nice, is that so you can fly with it? what kind of range and speed do you predict, and where’d you get the bms/harness/batteries?

Yup; I should get 2 x 90 WH and with my riding style, probably around 13-15 km and probably up to 40kph (probably more but I don’t go that fast). The board won’t really be for performance but for convenience. The BMS is your typical 10S lithium BMS and I made the harness myself. I haven’t tested it (it should all work on paper) but hopefully nothing blows up.

could you run a flispky 4.12 or 4.20 esc on that? are these similar CNHL 8000mAh 18.5V 5S 30C Lipo Battery

I am in fact will be using a FS 4.20 (reusing from another board). The ESC doesn’t really care as long as it gets the right voltage and can draw the appropriate current from the battery. That battery could work (you’d need two in series of course for 10S).

That said, I haven’t heard nor seen that website/brand before so I am clueless about quality/level of service. I got mine from HobbyKing (Turnigy’s) as they have a local warehouse but even then, their quality isn’t consistent.

I’d be more discerning about where I’d get batteries as they produce the most dramatic results if you get things wrong.

found these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-5s-30c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html?queryID=7b8066f9745c83a7289913cc82d4ede0&objectID=69471&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products_hbk_price_stock_6_group_0_desc

so with a bms you’ll still need a balance charger occionsally or does it eliminate that?

Ideally no but I’d use a balance charger occasionally for peace of mind.

1 Like