Help with new build | Australia

Hi, I live in Aus and Id like to build my own electric longboard

Id like some recommendations on the following:

Single Motor: Flipsky 6374
Battery: 10s2p
ESC: Flipsky FSESC6.6 60A ESC (or any kits?)
Deck: obfive drop through 96cm
Trucks: stock trucks(24.5cm) or new?
Enclosure: ?

Would like the range between 15-20km and the top speed between 35-40km/hr, also if I can keep and modify the stock trucks to use them for build I can make a motor mount

What’s your budget? On your first DIY, its not really worth putting in less than about 700 AUD, otherwise you might aswell buy a prebuilt.

3 Likes

Hey dude, I’m from sydney, and I’m parting out my DIY and I can give you what you want on the cheap.

I have two flipsky 6374 motors, the FSESC you want (albeit I killed the UART port however PPM works good)

I also have caliber 2 motor mounts and trucks if you want. However if you’re looking for evolve trucks I have those as well.

(Ill leave the other questions to pros, just here to offer you what you want on the cheap.)

3 Likes

Which state are you in?

1 Like

$800

north qld

cheers mate ill let you know

I would take up @Stevailicious on his offer.

Except for the flipshite :slight_smile:

what motor would you recommend?

The motors are good! I’m sorry for the confusion.

The flipsky escs are a no go though

1 Like

Mind you, I’ve shortened the PHASE wires for my diy (can be lengthened again obviously) and done a shitty job on putting blue mesh. I bought the pair for $320 and will offer them both for $100+ shipping. One has scratches (done less than 50km) but has no damage and the other has done 2km of riding (no scratches).

HMU if you want photos

Can confirm the Flipshite gave me problems lol.

2 Likes

is there any Aus battery builders and what’s a solid single motor esc(are flipsky a no go in general for them?)

For some. It’s a lottery. I have them in three boards and no issue. Conservative settings. Single 6.6’s (not the duals). 10s

I’d take a MakerX as a more budget-oriented pick over flipsky. I’ve had great success with 3 of their VESCs.

I found a flipsky 6.6 on banggood for $170 heatsink + button which is $20 cheaper than without the button?, Ive got a single 6374 motor and tryna find a 10s2p, what do you reckon?

Freedom bux? It’s not that cheap, they go on sale for quite a bit less (if i recall correctly).

If you’re after something solid with better pedigree, a used OG single focbox is probably cheaper and a better bet.

My first build (still going well) is pretty much that. 10s lipo, single 6374, fs6.6 on caguamas.

@glyphiks builds cool shit, Melbourne I think, look at his stuff on here and also freesk8

1 Like

Thanks @rosco :call_me_hand:

I’m in Melbourne dude, where are you? We have quite a few good battery builders in Aus

Not that I’m endorsing Flipsky but Imperium Boards/@elitarcool stock them in Sydney. Oh, and GO-FOC DV6 on preorder

2 Likes