Help with my stupid Bluetooth module. New vesc tool 2019

Do you have a donate link to Benjamin if I want to make my own?

https://vesc-project.com/donations

2 Likes

@Trampa is Benjamin going to release an IOS app for Vesc Tool mobile app? Just wondering because how about people using Apple that want access to the Vesc on the go?

Not possible, Apple App Store terms and conditions are incompatible with GPL V3 Open Source license.
Only closed source or dual licensed software can be published on the Apple App Store.
Apple is not the platform of choice if you want to run GPLed Open Source software.
Sollution: Get a 50dollar skate phone, which will also not make you super sad if it brakes one day.

The WAND remote will allow you basic access. Perfect for Apple users.

What are the basic access for example? Can I be able to set speeds like fast mode, cruise or police mode or something?

You can set profiles and change them. Via App or via WAND Remote.

Well thatā€™s good and the one thatā€™s what Iā€™m after, I actually have one coming this August and I canā€™t wait :grinning:

1 Like

Once the board is set up, the Wand is all you need for a ride.
RT-Data, Profiles and all this convenient Stuff like forward/reverse, etc.
There is pretty much no limit and I guess we could even have a button to detect the motors.

Frank, you are not making the wait for the WAND any easier for us.:wink:

3 Likes

I currently have no WAND in my hands. Benjamin has them all. So Iā€™m with you.
I do have a highly modified Maytech, so that helps a bitā€¦

1 Like

I got the Flipsky module working on the dual Focboxes. It was just plug and play. 18bucks shipped to Missouriā€¦ Took 2 weeks. I am not sure why but seemed the settings I had put on with the PC were gone. Did the whole set up again via the app. Iā€™m navigating it better now. Found how to adjust current levels and throttle curve. Letā€™s see how it rides tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes I have been finding this too.

Use PC for config, load dongle and read and itā€™s all default

does this keep happening to your set up multiple times, or was it a one time thing?

1 Like

Can the Unity be used with the new VESC Tool to flash the NRF modules?
Iā€™ll ask here before I go and tear my enclosure open to find out. :stuck_out_tongue:
The SWD port connectors are taken up by the Unitiy BLE module by default.

One time. Basically the least amount of hassle thing to so right now is

-Plug PC into vescs and update both to the latest firmware.

• Open VESC tool on mobile, select can forwarding
  • Run FOC motor detection, after its finished it will turn can forwarding off. check itā€™s off.
    -Read settings, if you are on V4 hardware it will be in BLDC mode, select FOC and write.
    -Setup current to be reasonable, do voltages, gear ratio and wheel size and the in additional info set battery cells and capacity.
    -Write
    -Go turn can forwarding on
    -Do the same again for this controller, currents,voltages, ratio, wheels, battery specs
    -Do PPM setup
    -Profit.

The dongle seems to mess up the setup if you have previously done it on the PC tool.

Damn it. that seem like a long wayā€¦ I have not checked again today to see if it has stuck. but what I did last night and it seemed to stick was to go through both motor and ppm wizards from the app. then adjust settings- to FOC - to sensored - fixed motors current- fixed battery current- set throttle curve, and hit Write. Seemed to work last night.

Thatā€™s exactly what I did and basically what I wrote above mate

Ohh, I thought you did the steps manually vs. using the wizards.

The wizard only does motor detection on the app Iā€™m afraid all the other stuff has to be done manually

1 Like

I do like the PC tools and the detection part and doing both motors at once. But the app has been a little hard for me to navigate. I wish it was more basic like the Enertion Unity Appā€¦ on another set up I was messing with the App and changed to PPM mode from PPM/UART mode on the app and hit writeā€¦ so yeah, I turned the module off and had to open it up to hook up to the PC.