Help me with my first build please ^^

Hi there,
just wanna show u guys my first build (not ordered yet).

1x Flipsky 6.6 ESC (Heard that the plus versions are bad)
1x EOVAN GTS Carbon Deck (Not sure if Aliexpress delivers the ESC Cooler on the bottom of the board)
1x Flipsky remote VX2
Trucks Wheels and so on The Group T3 from flipsky on aliexpress
Selfmade batterie 12s 4p with 21700
6-17s BMS (bypassed)
And a Riden RD6006 Power Supply to charge

Pls be gentle still my first build :slight_smile: but always open 4 corrections,

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Flipsky ESCs tend to not live up to their advertised specs, so somehow people manage to kill them quite easily. (Although if you’ve done your research and non plus versions are okay, then okay I guess…) Why not go with a MakerX ESC instead?

Also, what BMS are you looking at?

4 Likes

You might want to change the category for this thread.

pinging to help: @xsynatic

2 Likes

DIY builds category. I don’t think you can change it since you are so new to the forum. xsynatic can change it for you (I think) , I am not gonna ping him since he was already pinged.

2 Likes

I actually can’t. Never could lol.

I can move the whole topic but only to an existing topic. Sooo… I’m no help here.

2 Likes

I would also look elsewhere than the VX2, some people had issues with its signal strength. You would most likely be fine, but it’s better to be on the safe side.

Also +1 for makerx VESCs, the DV6 is really solid and powerful, for a really good price.

Since you are going to build your own battery, I highly suggest reading at least a couple hundred posts in the very long battery building thread. Also if you don’t have a higher end spot welder, you might be better off with borrowing one locally, instead of buying something for 50 bucks and getting poor quality welds.

2 Likes

Yeah i gonna take a closer look on the Makerx Vescs and the Remote. Thanks but i know that i have 2 be careful with the battery and the welds.

1 Like

single drive? i don’t any motor mentioned. for 159, i would rather pay a bit more for either the Xenith (v4) or makerX DV6 (v6)…no wait, actually DV4 is cheap af for its price performance ratio

someone here just had an accident where vx2 got stuck and board went flying, my suggestion is to get a Hoyt St puck

their truck can bend under heavy load, if u r on the heavy side, should look for other alternatives

all links brings u directly to that product page, no rickroll…i swear

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I will change the esc 4 sure, but im just honest now and say this remote looks hella ugly… Maybe anyone can tell me something about the bms. Any suggestionshttps://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/4000927891266.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.2e5d2d94tmr6VY&browser_id=43695d7a29ca48dba3b0ad44569c3b82&aff_trace_key=5ef62df139904589a1f8a3e27776646a-1580413309340-02393-cjSRjThm&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=178b195e42d22c87092d1e5df8f54202653d941558&gclid=&imgsrc=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FHcf46e48068424166885d3d6b84d52436r.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg or mentions
I would buy this

Nubbed puck for the win!

1 Like

this is a LiFePo4 BMS, which may not be suitable for ur need, but we don’t know since u didn’t mention what cells u will be using to make ur own pack.

Also, I would suggest Daly BMS / LTT BMS or Flexi BMS, those are well tested by the community and a lot of us have trust in them.

1 Like

I will second Maker-X I got the Go-Foc DV6 really happy with it. Before this, I had the flopsky and it went up in smoke after 2 rides :poop:.

The Go-Foc DV6 is holding up really well on my ride, lots of power, also I’m using HFI with sensorless motor and I got smooth starts, no cogging or stalls! With flopsys expect a lot of this, because I did. Also flopsky support is shitsky.

For my batteries I didn’t use a BMS, skipped that and I chose a balance charger for my 12S6P battery pack I made. It’s made from 2 x 6S6P packs connect in series, and I dual charge both.

Also get yourself a good balance charger, not the junk cheap ones and avoid using a parallel board to charge multiple batteries unless you want to see fireworks one day. :boom: :fire:

If you can save up for better parts, I’d hold out and do that, otherwise you will be buying twice and paying a lot more.

Just receive my first VX2 remote from this shop,VX2 Pro Remote Control w/ Colorful Screen for Electric Skateboard / Ebike / Efoil / Hydrofoil Compatible w/ VESC & FOCB Flipsky|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

Beside Aliexpress, what do you guys usually buy their stuff?

Hopefully I can get it working.lol