Help me help you; a Mod's inquiry

Good day Gents,

I feel like recently, the forum has found itself in this weird place, pinned between innovation, passion, and letdowns. There have been more scandals, arguments, name calling, and general frustration than I can be satisfied with, which leaves me wondering, what can be done?

The mods and I have racked our brains, messaging into the early morning, coming up with new ideas, solutions, and rules, and while progress has been made, I feel like more can still be done.

This is a community forum at heart. Without you guys, we wouldn’t exist. You guys fund us, fuel us, and populate us. This is your forum, as much as it is anyone elses. As such, I am reaching out to you.

I think everyone wants this forum to be the best it can be, a balance between banter and knowledge that fuels growth and innovation of PLEV’s, and as such, I want to know how you think we can improve. Any idea, large or small, suggest it. IF you have a critique, share it. If you feel like your idea may be received negatively amongst others, feel free to PM me with it. I want to hear it. We cannot improve if we insist on stagnating.

So speak your mind below. This is me asking you genuinely, and I look forward to seeing what changes you would like to see in your forum, the place we all spend an irresponsible-amount-of-time on™

-Zach

2 Likes

To the top

1 Like

No hate to anyone but esk8 shouldn’t be some type of rivalry. I feel as those companies continuously get pissed at others for “copying” when in the end of it we all have a love for the hobby so why hate on others for something so simple. Innovation is what fuels a market, plain and simple. If a market is dead, people arnt going to be interested. Which this is why I personally enjoy watching companies come out with new products at lower cost to supply to those who might not have the ability to purchase a very high end board. I’d rather see everyone succeed and be happy riding what they want to ride rather than see one group happy and the other sad. Cheers!

1 Like

but id also rather not see some guy spend 500 on a board and end up with a broken shoulder after his cheap vesc locks up on him
we shouldnt be taking that responsibility from people
telling people to buy a bad vesc can potentially end up in an awful place for us

I never mentioned a vesc of any sort in my post. I only believe in the best electronics within a board. With that being said if a high end company comes out with a board and another company comes out with a very similar board I don’t think it should be a huge issue within the community. @Halbj613 I think if anyone is putting a crappy vesc into their board without some heatsink it’s you :wink: hahah! I’m all about fun times and my humor can come off dry. Sorry.

I believe the root of a lot of problems within the community is due to personal opinions but in the end of it all, they will always exist and opinions are great as long as they are directed in a good manner (unless of course the person deserves it).

I don’t think that any one of the mods are doing anything wrong and frankly I see no need for you guys to do anything. There is only so much you guys can do in order to keep people in check. If they arnt going to be in check then they won’t listen. And you can change ignorance.

1 Like

sorry then read your vesc wrong
but i still dont agree
i think when lets say eboosted spends years working hard on top notch enclosures and some other guy comes along and makes some copies which arent as good but are half the price its pretty unfair for him

See my dude this is not what I’m intending to say or how your taking it is wrong. There is a different between making an exact copy and then innovating to make something different but alike. If some guy started making enclosures that’s fine. He doesn’t have eboosted molds, experience, etc. but if he caters to a specific group of people and can pump out a quality product that does its job well I don’t see a problem.

1 Like

ah oki misunderstood you
however i have seen quite a few times people making near exact copies and trying to cater to a similiar market and its unfair to the og vendors
on your point i def agree with you

1 Like

Cheers homie. Yeah I don’t agree with exact copies but innovation is what will keep esk8 alive

1 Like

Thanks for the input guys. I really do appreciate hearing the other perspectives