Help me Build my Wife a Bike

What frame is this? This is so sick

so a slow bike? thats no fun

3 Likes

I commend you on reading the other posts and knowing what’s going on. +11vescsiges

1 Like

i did read the other posts but felt like shaming myself for buying a boosted board…

3 Likes

Specialized big hit, It’s ten years old so you can get bargains if you find them

1 Like

Shit. Backfired on me.

2 Likes

Ha funny you should write this as I am thinking about the same thing at the mo

The mrs has this, I bought it for her birthday and my intentions are to put a Barfang mid drive kit on it

4 Likes

That thing is great!

3 Likes

TLK,
Im running this every day to go to work since june, I passed the 900km this week and whitout anything to do on the elec side since day one (just plug it :laughing: and then enjoy, as simple! it doesn’t effect the cycling feeling as it is pedal assist, or you can just hit the throttle and ride it like a scooter, + you can still use the gears and combinate with the different power stage it’s awesome :+1:).
Just my bike frame, I guess, who takes it hard. Because going +45kmh on the little trail underwood every day + little jumps and bunny up + never pedal !!! (or just when I’m short on battery life :relaxed: ) but I really use it as my Solex and I love it, so easy to use !

Bafang bbs02 8fun 48v 750w (+/- 350€) on AliX and a brain new bike sale as second hand (for 150€, still with label etc.) ^^ powered by my eskate/eMTBoard 12s battery (with the turnigy box I was using on my eMTBoard). (53kmh vmax for now, in mode 4 of 5).

3 Likes

Look at the handlebar height in relationship to seat height, you can get a riser which ups the handlebars an inch or so, but in general the type of bike frame in the last couple of pics is what is comfy for commuting and pottling about.

Also comfy seat is a must. The triangle for battery can be a challenge then but a rack or bottle type clamp can help.

+1 on older Specialized, my lady’s at the back, Globe

1 Like

So this is the Bike frontrunner.

They are on backorder so calling Monday to find out what the wait is looking like.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to build one myself over the winter here in michigan with the single APS motor I have. I remember seeing something on endless sphere where he used the existing chain drive and did a further reduction to where the pedals are making it a double reduction to the rear wheel. He was using it as an assist only, but I would remove the pedals if going this route. I’ll see if I can dig up the link tomorrow (tonight? 3rd shift) At work.

Edit: it may have been on the e-bike forums I was digging through a couple months ago. Similar to the link in the other ebike thread here, but wasn’t that one.

1 Like

This is the real deal right here, definetley getting the old model some time soon :smiley:

1 Like

https://ebikechoices.com/tongsheng-tsdz2-review/

Tsdz2 mid drive with torque sensing crank, l found this pretty good as you don’t loose the cycling feeling as it is pedal assist, you can still use the gears, don’t need to fit brake sensors or gear change sensors, and just ride it like you would a normal bike, all be it with what feels like bionic legs. I have the 750w version, it’s not massively powerful, but more than adequate for general use, don’t really think I’d need any more power. There is also an open source firmware that you can get, opens up a lot more options on the controller.

Thats pretty cool Lee.

1 Like

How does that kit handle bumpy offroad?

I need to raise up the battery rack a couple of mm as I’ve noticed the rear wheel hits it a little on big bangs, but other than that it handles bumpy stuff fine. The kit is intended for hard tail installation, so you need to get a little creative in mounting it (its ment to get bolted to the rear triangle), but I just have it secured to the frame it some fat tie wraps to stop it from rotating backwards, I have some more permanent stainless tie wraps that I intend to fit to give it a more durable install.
Only issues I have with it at the moment is a tiny lag before it applies power, milliseconds, and it rolls off the power at high cadence, both of which are addressed with the open source firmware.

1 Like

Sounds promising

Tim - how did this story end, did you end up building ebike?

2 Likes

Well I have here a nice bike, but have yet to electrify it. But planning on going with the Bafang kit

4 Likes