Help Making a Motor Extension cable

Hello! I was hoping to commission/buy two motor to VESC extension cable from someone. I would like to rear mount my motors but the cables aren’t long enough, so I’m hoping to buy some bridge cables. I uploaded the connector that my motor and my VESC use. It says MR60-N so I assume that’s the connector type. So if anyone has the skill to make one of these please let me know, depending on the prices I would like to buy two from you. thanks!

3 Likes

Do you have a photo of the connectors on your VESC?

yes! the two images r the connector on my vesc.

:joy: Its an MR60-M for male
You could solder some up yourself though :smiley: Soldering is an easy & valuable skill

3 Likes

ooops, lol my eyes r bad. I don’t have these connectors and also I don’t trust my soldering at all to make these, I also don’t have the gauge wire for this, so I was hoping to buy it off someone who has the skills to make it : ).

1 Like

What type of connector is on the phase wires of the motors that you have?

oh man, i forgot about that cable too, it looks to be a jst-xh connector? Someone told me they are JST ph 2.0 though.

2 Likes

This is the sensor cable and you don’t actually need to connect that.

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck with HFI on that ESC, looks like a FSESC 4.20+.

3 Likes

yes it is, its a flipsky 4.2 I think, came with my bkb. I was hoping to somehow get a unity or smth to get that push to start feature that way I could also eliminate that power button : )

Just make sure you tune the HFI. Follow this video. May take 2 or 3 tries to get the hang of it.

2 Likes

This is only technically correct. Your motors will start up smoother (like a boosted board or LaCroix would) if you do use that sensor connector.

3 Likes

Sometimes HFI will start up super smooth. It depends on how well you tune it, how good your motor is, and a bit of luck.

On the motor I just did right now, ld_lq_diff / uH was a whopping 36% and the HFI works just as well as sensors. Actually, better — when you consider the drastically reduced failure rate. On motors with a 5% - 20% it will probably not work as well.

1 Like

How well do you think this motor would do?

FS6364 for scale

I don’t know, but I suspect it will either work fantastically or absolutely terribly.

Run measure_ind 0.2 in the terminal and put here what it says.

1 Like

Tomorrow I will edit this reply and @ you with the results.

2 Likes