Help getting stability and preventing speed wobble

This is what I was going to suggest. Either switch out the truck on the rear to be a RKP or TKP until you get used to the DKP on the front and the added wobbles from that, or get extremely hard bushings and tighten the crap out of the back for now.

Personally, I’m still getting used to having essentially a DKP on my front that actually works and while I’m not getting any speed wobbles I can still feel the extra muscles I’ve been having to use on my back leg compared to when I had the defective part. Even just small movements on my back leg can turn my front end so I’m constantly having to fight against any movements caused by bumps or rocks in the road on my rear truck.

Have see how you did it :metal:

2 Likes

Interested in seeing as well, what does balrog or titan mean?

1 Like

If you can get your hands on a split angle deck, i recommend it. Run dkp up front for turns and tkp in back for stability.

You could run wedges for the front truck and dewedge the back to match the height with the tkp truck.

Edit: others suggestions are basically the same.

Dkps are crap above 25mph, as already mentioned they are for carving below said speed. Would not recommend having a tkp in the rear either as the front of the board would ride much higher than the back. If you must go fast, you will be much happier with rkps. Still recommend better bushings like others have suggested if you want to keep those trucks and maybe change the motor pulley and/or wheel pulley to lower top speed and raise torque.

2 Likes

If you’re wanting more stability, some cupped bushing washers should help. They’ll provide a bit more return to center near the edges.

1 Like

Depending how wide your trucks is also a key factor. More wider your trucks are, the more stable the board is, I got Caliber III trucks on my board and can cruise 32mph easily with 0 speed wobbles. Try playing around with the tightness of the kingpin bolts, if you get them decently tight it should be a little easier to control. Just all about finding that sweet spot, its weird as well cuz the faster you go, even tho the kingpin bolts are tight, the turning is easier, maybe try that if you haven’t or the other option is to get harder bushings